Why become a member? ×

1960 P-Bass: Phwoarr, eh? Eh?

Apologies if this has been spotted already, but... phwoarr, eh? Eh?

Very groovy original P-Bass produced in the year of my birth:

[url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=390292560032&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT"]http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...e=STRK:MEWAX:IT[/url]

Just a little bit hot on price though, imho!

Couldn't possibly justify it anyway -- particularly considering the cheap tat I gave to my missus and boy for Christmas! :)

£8695? You could buy nearly 150 Sue Ryders for that. If you chucked them in a river for a few days they'd come out looking pretty much as destroyed.

The law of averages would probably suggest that a good few of them would probably play & sound as good as this one too. :)

Jon.

[quote name='jtb' post='1147060' date='Mar 2 2011, 01:21 PM']Pricey - but anywhere with New Kings Road rent and rates to pay isnt going to be offering any bargains.[/quote]

I believe they're still trying to flog Greg Lakes 1959 Precision for the price of a new hospital wing :)

I contacted them recently about buying a 64 burgundy mist P bass from them. I was genuinly interested and sent an email. no reply...i made a phone call...they said they'd get back to me....no reply...I called them again and they just couldn't be assed to talk to me... all I wanted was they're best price.

I was ready to take the very large loan the bank had offered me and go down there if it would of come out at the right price. but after that I shall not bother!

[quote name='wesfinn' post='1150481' date='Mar 5 2011, 12:44 PM']I contacted them recently about buying a 64 burgundy mist P bass from them. I was genuinly interested and sent an email. no reply...i made a phone call...they said they'd get back to me....no reply...I called them again and they just couldn't be assed to talk to me... all I wanted was they're best price.

I was ready to take the very large loan the bank had offered me and go down there if it would of come out at the right price. but after that I shall not bother![/quote]
I emailed them about their (hugely over-priced) 63P oly white refin two days ago and they didn't reply. I rang this morning and they clearly hadn't checked their emails. The guy was perfectly friendly but didn't really have much knowledge of what they had in stock that fitted my requirements

a lot of it is commission sale. The people who own them obviously know how much the guitar is worth so want a good return on it. The shop just whack a huge sellers fee on top i guess. They can probably get away with it being on kings road with all the rich business men looking to invest their money in old guitars instead of putting it in the bank.

Clarky-that 63 refin P is about £2.5 k over priced! for just over £3k you could get headofires 1961 refin P off the for sale thread in here!

[quote name='wesfinn' post='1150559' date='Mar 5 2011, 01:46 PM']a lot of it is commission sale. The people who own them obviously know how much the guitar is worth so want a good return on it. The shop just whack a huge sellers fee on top i guess. They can probably get away with it being on kings road with all the rich business men looking to invest their money in old guitars instead of putting it in the bank.

Clarky-that 63 refin P is about £2.5 k over priced! for just over £3k you could get headofires 1961 refin P off the for sale thread in here![/quote]
Hey Wes, I was going to check out their best price as I realise its vastly over-priced. If I was born in 61 instead of 63, headofire would have had a PM a long time ago!