Why become a member? ×

NBD

waynepunkdude

[quote name='waynepunkdude' post='1145998' date='Mar 1 2011, 04:28 PM']Don't fancy picking it up and driving it down here do you? I'll give you that P neck for free :)[/quote]

Wish I could man. If I was one of these mad, rich, eccentric types then I'd go for it. Road trip!

[quote name='farmer61' post='1146121' date='Mar 1 2011, 05:43 PM']So the courier who's supposed to be collecting my brand spanking new bass to send back to the shop for a ding repair is too busy to come today.

Perhaps he's in aberdeen too![/quote]

How hard can driving a van and collecting stuff be?

I've found out the reason, apparently the lorry left too early before the van came back from collecting. :)

[quote name='waynepunkdude' post='1145954' date='Mar 1 2011, 04:03 PM']Apparently it's still in Aberdeen :)[/quote]

Wayne, believe it or not exactly the same thing happened with another bass I sold and sent off last week.

Interparcel 'Next Day UK' was collected in good time and the tracking indicated all was well (loaded onto the truck in Aberdeen) in the evening........ and then next day 'Delayed' on the tracking.

The day AFTER, it showed up as having been in Edinburgh.. but was then delivered OK a day late.

I did warn you ('Don't bet your house on it') when you got the tracking ref.....

Are there ANY reliable couriers left out there who deliver on target?

I think not.

[quote name='Starless' post='1146207' date='Mar 1 2011, 06:32 PM']Wayne, believe it or not exactly the same thing happened with another bass I sold and sent off last week.

Interparcel 'Next Day UK' was collected in good time and the tracking indicated all was well (loaded onto the truck in Aberdeen) in the evening........ and then next day 'Delayed' on the tracking.

The day AFTER, it showed up as having been in Edinburgh.. but was then delivered OK a day late.

I did warn you ('Don't bet your house on it') when you got the tracking ref.....

Are there ANY reliable couriers left out there who deliver on target?

I think not.[/quote]

Indeed you did, I know what couriers are like I had a feeling it wouldn't come today but this thread has kept me entertained.

The people at Aberdeen weren't very helpful but I haven't found a reliable courier yet but ho hum the football is on tonight and I need to pack up loads of stuff.

[quote name='waynepunkdude' post='1146129' date='Mar 1 2011, 05:47 PM']I've found out the reason, apparently the lorry left too early before the van came back from collecting. :)[/quote]

They're spinning a line there. The tracking shows it as being loaded onto the TRUNK Vehicle last night at 17:03. That's the big truck that heads for the distribution hub down in Englandshire overnight.

They're making it up...

[quote name='waynepunkdude' post='1146225' date='Mar 1 2011, 06:48 PM']Apparently it was scanned before the guy knew the lorry had gone, that was my first question too.[/quote]

So that's twice the guy has scanned something as 'Gone', but then looked round and wondered where the truck is.

I don't think their 'next day' service applies north of Watford, so they shouldn't sell it to us northern types as a 'next day' service.

Not using them again.

(hoots mon and jings)

[quote name='Starless' post='1146237' date='Mar 1 2011, 06:57 PM']So that's twice the guy has scanned something as 'Gone', but then looked round and wondered where the truck is.

I don't think their 'next day' service applies north of Watford, so they shouldn't sell it to us northern types as a 'next day' service.

Not using them again.

(hoots mon and jings)[/quote]

FWIW Interparcel are very helpful as agents and always have been for as long as I've used them.

I have a bass body heading to Aberdeen with UPS via Interparcel. Picked up yesterday.

Race you!

(According to the UPS web site last night it was picked up yesterday and delivered in February 2010, which must be some kind of record. Guess they recycle tracking numbers)

UKmail ?

the two strikes and you're out merchants ?

i hate getting stuff delivered by them - if you aren't in (or don't arrange a neighbour) twice, it sits in some warehouse in west ham for you to collect.

luckily my parcel from them was delivered to my neighbour's, as arranged last night.

btw - yesterday was a NBD for me, but i picked it up myself :)

Edited by ahpook

[quote name='spinynorman' post='1147061' date='Mar 2 2011, 01:21 PM']I have a bass body heading to Aberdeen with UPS via Interparcel. Picked up yesterday.

Race you!

(According to the UPS web site last night it was picked up yesterday and delivered in February 2010, which must be some kind of record. Guess they recycle tracking numbers)[/quote]

Going by this you will win

'Hi Wayne,

No update as of yet they are going to contact the depots again and advise that it is a 10kg guitar so they know what the yare looking for as the driver updated as 1kg on the system when collected so they may have been searching for a smaller item. UK Mail have advised that this item should stand out so they asked that i call back at the end of today to get an update'

I like the 'yare' makes me think she is a pirate.