Why become a member? ×

Tc eletronic

Mikeg

[quote name='TCEUKH' post='1155612' date='Mar 9 2011, 05:24 PM']Hey, I am Uffe from TC, sorry to hear that the BH500 crashed on you. Very curious to find out the cause of that. Did you get it replaced at your dealer or how did you deal with it.
Let me know if there is anything I can do to help.
/U[/quote]

That is good service from TC.
Makes you wonder why all mfr's don't have same attitude.
This kinda thing will sway my decision on next amp purchase so well done TC you've probably got several additional sales because of a simple offer to help a customer with a problem.

Great
Dave
:)

[quote name='machinehead' post='1154734' date='Mar 8 2011, 11:12 PM']Hi owen,

Sorry to hear that.

Out of interest, what cab were you using? Are you sure it's the amp that's blown and not the cab? Have you tried the amp with another cab to check this?

As said above, please keep us posted.

Frank.[/quote]
Hi all,
Sorry for late reply,i was using the tc electronic 2x10 (the cheaper more squarer type version),the bh 500 amp seems ok,but i had an incident tonight with the same cab,while at practice i was using my swr sm500 amp on the cab (running amp in bridge mode with vol well down) the tc suddenly went on fire,after initial shock of whats just happened we removed handle and looked in,it was still smoking and seemed to be a lot of damage,when i plugged bass in all i heard was a faint fart type noise but nothing else,i really liked tc electronic stuff but im slightly perturbed by this turn of events.

[quote name='owen3371' post='1157505' date='Mar 11 2011, 12:16 AM']Hi all,
Sorry for late reply,i was using the tc electronic 2x10 (the cheaper more squarer type version),the bh 500 amp seems ok,but i had an incident tonight with the same cab,while at practice i was using my swr sm500 amp on the cab (running amp in bridge mode with vol well down) the tc suddenly went on fire,after initial shock of whats just happened we removed handle and looked in,it was still smoking and seemed to be a lot of damage,when i plugged bass in all i heard was a faint fart type noise but nothing else,i really liked tc electronic stuff but im slightly perturbed by this turn of events.[/quote]

do the speakers still travel well..when GENTLY pushed, ie, no rubbing of the coil sound..?

Just a light touch to make the speakers move back and forth ..use an open hand and light pressure from all fingers to immitate the travel of the speaker under power. It should travel freely if the coil is not damaged.

[quote name='c_mike' post='1157333' date='Mar 10 2011, 10:15 PM']After first rehearsal I am amazed :) It sounds good with flat EQ settings, comp at 3 , tubetone 4, preamp on my bass neutral too[/quote]
Virtually the same settings as I use with mine. Just cut the low-mid by 1 as I like the "scooped" sound, plus Precisions have low-mids by the bucketload.

Always the sign of a good amp, methinks, when it sounds good with everything flat/virtually flat.

an update on my bh500,after my tc 2x10 cab blew at practice,i was suspicious that the amp was fine and hooked it up to my goliath snr 6x10 cab and guess what?,the amp worked fine!in fact,the bh500 sounds really good through the bigger cab than the tc 2x10 maybe ive got a faulty tc cab(i only have it 2 mths)but the bh500 should have made a good combination with its own cab i dont know,,of course the swr cab is 4ohms which may be the reason,by the way the bh500 sounds really good! :)

• 2 weeks later...

Absolutely serious. Clipping can damage speakers if, and only if, it causes too much continuous power to be delivered than they can handle. Clipping will never damage a correctly designed amp - high power lightweight amps may go into thermal shutdown, lower power / heavier amps won't even do that. Note that most overdriven guitar sounds are the result of amp clipping.

If your amp is rated at much more than the cab(s) it's driving then continuous clipping risks thermal speaker failure. You got away with it this time (I presume!) but you may not be so lucky the next time.

[url="http://barefacedbass.com/technical-information/mythbusters1.htm"]http://barefacedbass.com/technical-informa...ythbusters1.htm[/url]

[quote name='Mikeg' post='1138972' date='Feb 23 2011, 06:25 PM']I went into Mansons with my bass today to try out amps and the tc electronic range caught my eye. The RH450 looked lovely but was out of my price range so i tried out the classic 450. I was blown away by the sound. I was playing through a TC 210 and it was very, very load. The amp seems briliant and with a great price.
Any opinions on this? Also anyone have a better option for this price range?
Cheers
Mike[/quote]

There are lots of other options, but one thing for sure is the TC gear will be right up there with all the other options whatever method you use to compare, and it certainly wont disappoint