Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

1993 Musicman Stingray - SOLD, Money Paid & Spent :)

Macko1968

Hey up gas-heads, time to part with another lush Musicman Stingray.

This time I have a 1993 SR4 in translucent blue burst with a lovely figured maple neck & original case. This era 'ray is one of the early 6 bolt neck models with the easy access truss rod wheel, 2 band EQ, fully working mutes & metal battery cover. The condition is superb, a few small scratches & impressions but all the paint is intact & the worst "damage" is a crack in the paint on the back. It's one of the cleanest 'rays I've seen from this period & has been babied during its life. The neck has lots of birds eye & flame & has turned a really nice golden/amber colour, frets are almost new, truss rods works smoothly & it's nicely set up with D'Addario ground wounds. Weight is a slightly tubby 10.2lbs but I didn't buy this for the weight, I bought it for the sound. With the ground wounds it totally nails Bernard Edwards tone on [url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FOx81aG-EN4"]Chic's Everybody Dance[/url].

Price is £875 firm & I'm taking a hit on this one. If that seems steep compared to recent 'ray sales please bear in mind these basses are getting harder to find, especially in this condition & it's almost half the price of a new Classic 'ray. Not interested in any trades, I have my eye on something. Local tryout / collection welcome. If you would like it shipped I'll pack it but please can you arrange your own courier to collect.

Okay - time for some piccies;

[attachment=72738:DSC00794.JPG]
[attachment=72737:DSC00793.JPG]
[attachment=72736:DSC00791.JPG]
[attachment=72739:DSC00796.JPG]
[attachment=72740:DSC00797.JPG]
[attachment=72741:DSC00798.JPG]

Edited by Macko1968

This needs to be bought quick! There are a few BC members I already know of who are after one of these and that is a cracker! Anyone who is thinking about one of these needs to sell a kidney or something of similar uselessness :)

This has got to be the best era of Ray?

Muted bridge,
6 bolt neck,
Wheel of fortune,
Birdseye and flamed neck,
2 Band EQ,
Body and arm chamfeurs.

All other incarnations lose at least one of those features including the pre EB with its slab body.

Edited by stingrayPete1977

[quote name='Macko1968' post='1134585' date='Feb 20 2011, 05:56 PM']WOW, thanks for all the interest & to Pete for all the kind words (fancy going on my fretless thread next? :)). Now sold pending the usuals.[/quote]
Im an unashamed Ray fan and all my comments are well documented on other threads on BC (even ones about fishing or guitar stands I always find a connection :) ) thats a lovely Ray someones getting Im very jelous.

Unfortunatley I know nowt about fretless basses and lack the skill to play one too :lol: