Why become a member? ×

Shuker 4 String Horn Bass WITHDRAWN

Scooby

Just a tentative feeler at the moment but I need to consider selling my very recent purchase of this piece of Shuker loveliness. The bass hasn't left the house since it arrived and has only been played a couple of times.

The spec is:

Shuker 4 string horn bass
33"scale
24tret maple and wenge laminated neck rosewood f/board
two way trussrod carbon fibre reinforced neck
2mm white side dots simulated mother of pearl block markers
buckeye burr headstock veneer
gotoh gb7O7 tuners
satin neck lacquer medium fretwire
swamp ash body buckeye burr drop top
polyester basecoat satin top coat
individual bridge units Delano JCAL& MCAL pickups
Seymour Duncan 3 band e q
Graphite black hardware
nutwidth- 41mm 12th fret width-56mm – depth of neck at 1st fret 20.1mm depth of neck at 12th fret- 21.8mm 16"radius

As you can see it's a beautiful piece of craftmanship. I'm only looking for the price I paid, which is [size=2][b]£925[/b][/size]. This includes the case, which was bought new with the bass.

[attachment=71684:IMG_0154.JPG]

[attachment=71685:IMG_0155.JPG]

If circumstances change I might be interested in a trade...

Edited by Scooby

[quote name='KERMITNT' post='1121205' date='Feb 9 2011, 11:59 AM']wow whats the weight of this beauty ??????[/quote]

Weight-wise (I have an aversion to scales as they have a tendency to lie about my weight), the Shuker is much lighter than my Sei 4 NT and my Goodfellow Player. It's also about half the weight of a Thumb 4 NT! I'd be guessing but it must be around the 8lb mark.

[quote name='Scooby' post='1121184' date='Feb 9 2011, 11:44 AM']Just a tentative feeler at the moment but I need to consider selling my very recent purchase of this piece of Shuker loveliness. The bass hasn't left the house since it arrived and has only been played a couple of times.

The spec is:

Shuker 4 string horn bass
33"scale
24tret maple and wenge laminated neck rosewood f/board
two way trussrod carbon fibre reinforced neck
2mm white side dots simulated mother of pearl block markers
buckeye burr headstock veneer
gotoh gb7O7 tuners
satin neck lacquer medium fretwire
swamp ash body buckeye burr drop top
polyester basecoat satin top coat
individual bridge units Delano JCAL& MCAL pickups
Seymour Duncan 3 band e q
Graphite black hardware
nutwidth- 41mm 12th fret width-56mm – depth of neck at 1st fret 20.1mm depth of neck at 12th fret- 21.8mm 16"radius

As you can see it's a beautiful piece of craftmanship. I'm only looking for the price I paid, which is [size=2][b]£925[/b][/size]. This includes the case, which was bought new with the bass.

[attachment=71684:IMG_0154.JPG]

[attachment=71685:IMG_0155.JPG]

If circumstances change I might be interested in a trade...[/quote]
nice shuker. trying to sell my custom jazz shuker at the min aswell great guitars, good luck with the sale

[quote name='simon1964' post='1121953' date='Feb 9 2011, 09:42 PM']Very nice. Is that the one which is still on Jon Shuker's stock basses page?[/quote]

If it is the stock bass I tried to buy this one from Jon just before Christmas only for him to tell me he'd sold it the day before. I was absolutely gutted as it is a work of art. Can't believe you are selling it so soon !

[quote name='edstraker123' post='1122295' date='Feb 10 2011, 07:56 AM']If it is the stock bass I tried to buy this one from Jon just before Christmas only for him to tell me he'd sold it the day before. I was absolutely gutted as it is a work of art. Can't believe you are selling it so soon ![/quote]

Needs must I'm afraid. This is the one from the site with a few added tweaks/mods to my requirements. The Hiscox ABS case was bought brand new at the same time and the asking price is only what I eventually paid.
I'll give the bass a couple of days and then clear out the attic, put it all on the bay and see if I can keep hold of the Shuker ;o)