Why become a member? ×

Ooohh

neilb

[quote name='bh2' post='1116829' date='Feb 5 2011, 07:44 PM']mmm... another fancy Jazz bass copy. :)[/quote]
Actually, it's not :)

That bass has deep tonal chambers, giving it a nice peculiar sound. It also has handwound low impedance pickup, for improved clarity and dynamic range.

And about the fingerboard.. it's birdseye maple, quite stunning "in person" :lol:

By the way, I'm the italian luthier who makes those basses :D

[quote name='Biarnel' post='1120457' date='Feb 8 2011, 07:11 PM']Actually, it's not :)

That bass has deep tonal chambers, giving it a nice peculiar sound. It also has handwound low impedance pickup, for improved clarity and dynamic range.

And about the fingerboard.. it's birdseye maple, quite stunning "in person" :)

By the way, I'm the italian luthier who makes those basses :lol:[/quote]

Interesting!!

I only asked about the fretboard as it looks almost a "biscuit" colour from here.

[quote name='Biarnel' post='1120457' date='Feb 8 2011, 07:11 PM']Actually, it's not :)

By the way, I'm the italian luthier who makes those basses :lol:[/quote]So would you call it a Jazz bass?

By the way, I'm the italian luthier who makes those basses :lol:[/quote]

Nice work, however it IS another fancy jazz bass copy.

It's 'fancy' (pretty woods)
It's a Jazz bass
And unless your Leo Fender it IS a copy :D

Does this mean anything? Nah, I'm being pedantic. I like it though. If it's got a Jazz neck I wouldn't find it comfortable to play though.

Finally, welcome to the forum.

[quote name='MythSte' post='1120501' date='Feb 8 2011, 07:53 PM']Interesting!!

I only asked about the fretboard as it looks almost a "biscuit" colour from here.[/quote]

I was thinking caramel. Compromise and say twix? :P

[quote name='stingrayPete1977' post='1120630' date='Feb 8 2011, 09:56 PM']I really like it! Where can we see ,play and buy one? It's given me some real gas and the body reminds me of my teal Ray.[/quote]

You can order and buy directly from me, check my website for details and mail address.
I have no resellers in UK at the moment, so it's a bit difficult to actually "play" one of them, but I hope you will enjoy some youtube vids a customer made for me.

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vkbD62DHgCU"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vkbD62DHgCU[/url]

[quote]If it's got a Jazz neck I wouldn't find it comfortable to play though[/quote]
This neck has nothing in common with a Jazz one :) This is why I say that the only "seen before" feature is the shape of the body :)

[quote name='Blademan_98' post='1120668' date='Feb 8 2011, 10:33 PM']Hmmm.....
Now how do I explain to the misses that I actually NEED one of these :)[/quote]

The misses will be happier if you let THEM choose between a Biarnel Prassi (the bass in the pic above) or, let's say, a Biarnel Iter :)

[quote name='stingrayPete1977' post='1120683' date='Feb 8 2011, 10:42 PM']Looks like something Mark at BassDirect could be interested in looking at on here as Poptart. I would certainly take a drive down if he had one in stock.[/quote]

I actually exchanged several emails with Mark Stickley in the past, and he was quite pleased with my production.
Maybe if UK people show a little curiosity about them, something may start to move.
I hope so.