Why become a member? ×

What Bass is he Playing??

Schnozzalee

[quote name='bumnote' post='1115204' date='Feb 4 2011, 01:13 PM']Absolutely fantastic band one of my favourites

Saw them a few years ago in Fleet when they had re formed without Hamish Steward. Ive always loved Alan Gorries voice[/quote]
I saw them last year in Brighton - small gig on the seafront. They were great - actually they were amazing

[quote name='BottomE' post='1115360' date='Feb 4 2011, 02:38 PM']I saw them last year in Brighton - small gig on the seafront. They were great - actually they were amazing[/quote]

They are great in an intimate environment.

Met Alan Gorrie and Onnie Macintyre beforethey were famous, great blokes

They re-issued their albums a couple of years back, really nicely packaged.

I'd never heard them all properly (only previously had a compilation as the albums were out of print).

Snapped them all up, really love them. Hard to believe they came from Scotland - to my ears they were (are) one seriously hot soul/funk outfit. Fully intend to catch them next time around.

[quote name='spongebob' post='1115630' date='Feb 4 2011, 05:26 PM']They re-issued their albums a couple of years back, really nicely packaged.

I'd never heard them all properly (only previously had a compilation as the albums were out of print).

Snapped them all up, really love them. Hard to believe they came from Scotland - to my ears they were (are) one seriously hot soul/funk outfit. Fully intend to catch them next time around.[/quote]

and people from Scotland cant play hot soul/funk??? Is that because we all wait to chase a passing haggis or wait for electricity to get here!!!

[quote name='munkonthehill' post='1116377' date='Feb 5 2011, 11:41 AM']and people from Scotland cant play hot soul/funk??? Is that because we all wait to chase a passing haggis or wait for electricity to get here!!![/quote]

LOL!

I've just never heard any band from outside the US play that stuff like it should be played. In fact, I would rate AWB above many US acts of that genre.

They certainly nailed the funk, and totally had the soul as well.

BTW, let me know when you eventually get the electric on and I might pop back up!