Why become a member? ×

Is this rack gear worth anything?

Jamesemt

We've inherited a few bits of PA gear that we haven't used for the last couple of years and was wondering if it's worth selling them.

Dod 430 series 2 graphic equaliser - 2 channels with 15 bands per channel
LA audio GCX2 dual compressor/gate
Roland RE3 Space Echo

All in good (used) condition- a few of the knobs are scuffed (errr....).

My gut feeling is that the Space Echo is the only decent bit of kit as I've heard of it. Is this any better than the current Alesis Quadraverb4 we have in the PA rack?

Any clues on wether I should eBay this lot and what is realistic to expect?

[quote name='Jamesemt' post='1105920' date='Jan 28 2011, 09:46 AM']We've inherited a few bits of PA gear that we haven't used for the last couple of years and was wondering if it's worth selling them.

Dod 430 series 2 graphic equaliser - 2 channels with 15 bands per channel
LA audio GCX2 dual compressor/gate
Roland RE3 Space Echo

All in good (used) condition- a few of the knobs are scuffed (errr....).

My gut feeling is that the Space Echo is the only decent bit of kit as I've heard of it. Is this any better than the current Alesis Quadraverb4 we have in the PA rack?

Any clues on wether I should eBay this lot and what is realistic to expect?[/quote]

Nothing at all I'm afraid. If you want to pay for my petrol I'll come and take it off your hands though. :)

The LA 2 band compressor/gate may be of some use it you're miking up kick and snare drum live. I'd be tempted to make you an offer for it, as I can never have too many compressors, as I prefer to compress through outboard kit when I'm tracking instead of relying on plugins later on. Not sure what it's worth though.

[quote name='Jamesemt' post='1106718' date='Jan 28 2011, 08:56 PM']I don't understand. Have I done something to offend in my original post?[/quote]

Nawww, bless ya - not at all - it's probably more that most of the bcers that have looked at the post didn't know and thus came and left the thread. I'm a gear geek and even I can't give you a decisive price off the top of my head. I'd go search ebay for finished auctions to see what each item went for - but my gut feeling would be that a generic rack EQ such as an Alesis or Roland would probably go for 30-50 - the DOD I assume is in the same ball park. The LA compressor I'd expect to have been around 150 new? maybe more - so 75-100 depending on condition. I'm not too hot on Space Echo units, but there's a few coming up on eBay via google - having just typed it in.

Sorry I can't be more help!

Dooooood

I think the space echo might have a reputation though. That's the one you need to research properly in casde it's worth something. I'd agree with dood on the DOD, no idea on the comp. I thought my opinions were too vague which is why I didn't post!

Post the link when you've Ebayed them :)