Why become a member? ×

Twitch... Decade In Glasgow

girya32

[url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=300518245421#ht_509wt_1053"]http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...1#ht_509wt_1053[/url]

anyone know Mr Murray from Glasgow ?
Low feedback, not his own pictures, bids from zero feedback bidders.. etc

[quote name='girya32' post='1102114' date='Jan 25 2011, 01:50 PM'][url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=300518245421#ht_509wt_1053"]http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...1#ht_509wt_1053[/url]

anyone know Mr Murray from Glasgow ?
Low feedback, not his own pictures, bids from zero feedback bidders.. etc[/quote]

Nope. Not own pictures isnae great though! I'd offer to pop round and take a look if he was nearby but TBH wouldn't know a real one from a fake - never seen one of these in the flesh!

[quote name='EssentialTension' post='1102395' date='Jan 25 2011, 05:32 PM']He stresses that it has the Chisonic pickups but the Skylines all do. He's just got a picture of the one with the horrible pickup covers, so couldn't be bothered to find the correct pic.[/quote]

I asked about that last time and he can't give a straight answer as to whether it is a Decade I or II (without/with Chisonics)... either has a load of knock-off stock or has no idea what he is trying to sell (see 'knock-off stock')! :)

[quote name='warwickhunt' post='1102916' date='Jan 25 2011, 10:32 PM']I asked about that last time and he can't give a straight answer as to whether it is a Decade I or II (without/with Chisonics)... either has a load of knock-off stock or has no idea what he is trying to sell (see 'knock-off stock')! :)[/quote]
Maybe I'm misunderstanding you but Decade I and II both have Chisonics but have different pickup covers.

[quote name='EssentialTension' post='1102988' date='Jan 25 2011, 11:34 PM']Maybe I'm misunderstanding you but Decade I and II both have Chisonics but have different pickup covers.[/quote]

It could be me but I was under the impression that the original version had the type of pups that had plain covers (don't think they are Chisonics and are iirc humbuckers) as pictured in the ebay listing; the later/current version of the Decade is fitted with the chrome surround Chisonics. Either way I have asked the guy numerous questions and the response is always to quote what Lakland presently have on their website!

[quote name='warwickhunt' post='1103139' date='Jan 26 2011, 07:39 AM']It could be me but I was under the impression that the original version had the type of pups that had plain covers (don't think they are Chisonics and are iirc humbuckers) as pictured in the ebay listing; the later/current version of the Decade is fitted with the chrome surround Chisonics. Either way I have asked the guy numerous questions and the response is always to quote what Lakland presently have on their website![/quote]
On the Skylines the chromed covers are the originals and contain single-coil Chisonics on the passive version or humcancelling Chisonics on the active version. It was possible but not standard to have humcancellers in the passive version. That's the Decade I.

The plain black pickup covers are just that. Inside the black cover is the single-coil Chisonic. That's the Decade II. The reason given by Lakland for this was that they were having some production difficulties with the chromed covers and also the plain black covers are much cheaper. Decade II is about $100 cheaper than Decade I but the only difference is the ugly plain black pickup covers.

The original US Decades had Hammon Dark Stars (which are single-coils) but even the US are now Chisonics unless special order.

But I agree the sale looks well dodgy.

Edited by EssentialTension

[quote name='EssentialTension' post='1103160' date='Jan 26 2011, 08:29 AM']On the Skylines the chromed covers are the originals and contain single-coil Chisonics on the passive version or humcancelling Chisonics on the active version. It was possible but not standard to have humcancellers in the passive version. That's the Decade I.

The plain black pickup covers are just that. Inside the black cover is the single-coil Chisonic. That's the Decade II. The reason given by Lakland for this was that they were having some production difficulties with the chromed covers and also the plain black covers are much cheaper. Decade II is about $100 cheaper than Decade I but the only difference is the ugly plain black pickup covers.

The original US Decades had Hammon Dark Stars (which are single-coils) but even the US are now Chisonics unless special order.

But I agree the sale looks well dodgy.[/quote]

Didn't know that, I assumed the Dec I & II had different pups! Still not sure if the guy has one bass for sale that his mate shill bid/won or if it is a scammer... possibly a dealer selling dodgy stock or seconds!

[quote name='warwickhunt' post='1104020' date='Jan 26 2011, 04:56 PM']Didn't know that, I assumed the Dec I & II had different pups![/quote]
It would be quite reasonable to assume they were different pickups. What Lakland did with the different covers was bizarre.

[quote name='warwickhunt' post='1104020' date='Jan 26 2011, 04:56 PM']Still not sure if the guy has one bass for sale that his mate shill bid/won or if it is a scammer... possibly a dealer selling dodgy stock or seconds![/quote]
Definitely dodgy somehow or another.

Edited by EssentialTension

[quote name='EssentialTension' post='1108646' date='Jan 30 2011, 08:48 PM']... and sold for £565.55.

If it's real then that's a bargain.[/quote]

Let's see if it's as real as the last time it sold!

At the end of the day it was flagged up on here and well advertised on ebay (not misspelt or in the wrong section) so it has apparently sold for what the general public on ebay think it is worth. :)

[quote name='warwickhunt' post='1108684' date='Jan 30 2011, 09:12 PM']Let's see if it's as real as the last time it sold!

At the end of the day it was flagged up on here and well advertised on ebay (not misspelt or in the wrong section) so it has apparently sold for what the general public on ebay think it is worth. :)[/quote]
Are you counting the shill bidders in with the general public?

• 1 month later...

If he lists again, keep away. I have ended up raising a concern with him via eBay and Paypal. I won the auction, agreed to pick up, then when I tried to pick up he changed the selling conditions (bank account problems apparently!) and made it impossible to get in contact with him to sort things out. My feeling is that he may have fake buyers for those previous bass guitars.

I spoke to the other person that has left negative feedback and she had the same problem.

g

[quote name='Thunderpaws' post='1181413' date='Mar 29 2011, 09:00 PM']If he lists again, keep away. I have ended up raising a concern with him via eBay and Paypal. I won the auction, agreed to pick up, then when I tried to pick up he changed the selling conditions (bank account problems apparently!) and made it impossible to get in contact with him to sort things out. My feeling is that he may have fake buyers for those previous bass guitars.

I spoke to the other person that has left negative feedback and she had the same problem.

g[/quote]

Has he got a shed full of these? He sold two of them one in Jan 2011 and one in Feb.

Hmmmmm