Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Identifying Bass Strings

megallica

I bought a second hand bass which came with some nice sounding bass strings, I'm sure I've tried these before and I'm thinking they're Elites.
They have red silk at the ball ends and blue silk at the tuning post end.

I've been using Warwick strings exclusively for about three years now but I might try these other strings when I know what they are.

Thanks

Andy

P.S. I asked the seller what strings they were and he didn't know either....

[quote name='megallica' post='1101760' date='Jan 25 2011, 09:25 AM']I bought a second hand bass which came with some nice sounding bass strings, I'm sure I've tried these before and I'm thinking they're Elites.
They have red silk at the ball ends and blue silk at the tuning post end.

I've been using Warwick strings exclusively for about three years now but I might try these other strings when I know what they are.

Thanks

Andy

P.S. I asked the seller what strings they were and he didn't know either....[/quote]

Hi Andy,
Pretty sure they are Rotosound Swing Bass Nickels, I have a set on 2 of my Basses.
Elites don't have any wrappings at all IIRC.

[quote name='chrismuzz' post='1101830' date='Jan 25 2011, 10:35 AM']I play elites, and they have red ribbon at the ball end, and blue at the tuner end so I'm pretty sure those are the ones you're looking for :) I don't know about the nickel ones but I use the steels and they have an amazing bright sound[/quote]

Thanks for the help, I haven't used them for a few years but I might check them out again.

Much appreciated

[quote name='BassBunny' post='1101766' date='Jan 25 2011, 09:31 AM']Pretty sure they are Rotosound Swing Bass Nickels, I have a set on 2 of my Basses.[/quote]
[quote name='chrismuzz' post='1101830' date='Jan 25 2011, 10:35 AM']I play elites, and they have red ribbon at the ball end, and blue at the tuner end so I'm pretty sure those are the ones you're looking for :)[/quote]

So there goes our databass then. Not gonna work unless each type of string has something unique about it.

Shame :)

Edited by Stuee