Why become a member? ×

Acg PJ5.

giblett123

[attachment=76990:IMG_5301.jpg][quote name='mike_zimmerman' post='1189795' date='Apr 5 2011, 10:12 PM']The "humbucker at the neck, single coil at the bridge" arrangement usually looks a bit odd to me, but on this bass it fits--looking forward to watching it come together![/quote]
Necks carved. :)

Edited by giblett123

[quote name='mike_zimmerman' post='1193209' date='Apr 8 2011, 07:35 PM']Looks great! I love the contrast between the ash headstock/heelcap and the dark woods in the neck, especially.[/quote]
Should look good, the grain and neck colour will work well with the dirty ash finish (see the tefano),also with pj + eq 01 it should sound v beefy too!

[quote name='giblett123' post='1193215' date='Apr 8 2011, 07:44 PM']Should look good, the grain and neck colour will work well with the dirty ash finish (see the tefano),also with pj + eq 01 it should sound v beefy too![/quote]
Finish going on the body, will possibly look a tad darker but you get the idea, grain looks v nice! :)

Edited by giblett123

[quote name='mike_zimmerman' post='1199713' date='Apr 14 2011, 06:20 PM']Wow! That northern ash looks like it has even more grain than the swamp ash--awesome![/quote]
My wife thinks it looks like our cat, thus I'm no longer in trouble for spending the holiday money on it! Go figure that one!

• 1 month later...

[quote name='GreeneKing' post='1240260' date='May 22 2011, 12:45 PM']That does indeed look rather special :)

I'll be interested to read your thoughts on how the P pup works out.

Peter[/quote]
Yup, the P thing should be really interesting, I'll give it a month or so to get used to it and post up a review.

[quote name='eude' post='1240706' date='May 22 2011, 01:34 PM']Absolutely stunning!
He's a fairly talented chap that Alan ain't he :)

Eude[/quote]

He is indeed--this one looks fantastic! Like everyone else, I'm anxious to hear your opinion of the P pickup, but I can imagine it being a fantastic match with the ACG preamp!

[quote name='mike_zimmerman' post='1241115' date='May 23 2011, 05:44 AM']He is indeed--this one looks fantastic! Like everyone else, I'm anxious to hear your opinion of the P pickup, but I can imagine it being a fantastic match with the ACG preamp![/quote]
Also has a very good eye, the colour/grain and wood combos look "right", really looking forward to it!

[quote name='giblett123' post='1241123' date='May 23 2011, 06:20 AM']Also has a very good eye, the colour/grain and wood combos look "right", really looking forward to it![/quote]
Arrived this morning and looks absolutely stunning, I've not had the chance for an extended play yet but first impression are v good, phat!!