Why become a member? ×

Fender 60th Anniversary Precision

Tait

Has anyone seen this yet? It looks pretty cool, but honestly I'd rather pay less and get the Mike Dirnt. They're pretty much the same, anyway, by the looks of it. 51 P shape, with a Precision pickup.

[url="http://www.fender.com/en-GB/products/search.php?partno=0196002768"]Fender 60th Anniversary Precision[/url]

Edited by Tait

To be fair, now I think about it, it's not that useless. I mean for instance, I can see my dad getting one. He's always said he'd like a Mike Dirnt but doesn't like rosewood fretboards. Well this has sorted that problem out for him! But even so, it would be nice to see something more original from them. The last really original bass fender brought out was, IMO, that guy from Alien Ant Farm's signature bass, and they only did that for like 6 months.

I like it, although it is like a Mike Dirnt, though with a few differences.

Thing I don`t get, is its a mix-match of both 1st & 2nd generation Precisions. The split pickup and headstock on this model were introduced in 57, if I`m correct, so putting them on a 60th Anniversary in 2011 is a bit previous in my opinion.

Whilst I like the bass on its own merits, I don`t think it really reflects a 60th Anniversary edition, but then, they discontinued the 51 Reissue (maybe to put this one out?).

A few years ago Squier discontinued the '51 guitar as it was being snapped up by the mod-ing guys. It was too good for the money was the general consensus - It looks like they have just made a bass version as their anni model. A combination of lots of different features

I'd rather have a USA '11 P bass with the 60th neck plate.

Edited by krispn