Why become a member? ×

Lemmy Kilmister Signed Fender Av 57 Precision Bass With Certificate Of Authenticity

73Jazz

At 7th of May, 2010 The Legend himself, Lemmy played at a Grammy Charity Gig in Los Angeles.
After his Gig he signed this Fender Bass and now it is here as an offer to you.
It is your chance to get an awesome instrument, with an awesome history signed by a living legend.

Of course there is an certificate of authenticity, which is included in this package.
All specs of an American Vintage 57 Precision should be known, so i don`t list them here again.
As you may take a close look, you will see how fantasic this bass is in the choice of wood.
Fender took their best instrument to present it to Lemmy, thats for sure.

They Bass has no dings, no dongs is perfect adjusted and plays like a dream and sounds outstanding.
Price including shipping in Europe will be 2400 GBP ONO.
(Pls note, the serial is not seen completely on the last picture. The original picture shows the complete serial which of course matches the serial on neckplate.) I will consider trades for vintage Fender P or J basses.
My feedback on ebay is 100% positive with over 360 transactions, there is also a feedback thread here on basschat

Edited by 73Jazz

[quote name='thepurpleblob' post='1093889' date='Jan 18 2011, 02:44 PM']How old is the actual bass....? I see it says "vintage" in the paper work but it looks oddly newish. Sorry - not questioning the price but I'm assuming there is something very special about this that I'm missing.[/quote]

I'm assuming it's from the American Vintage Reissue series.

[quote name='thepurpleblob' post='1093899' date='Jan 18 2011, 02:54 PM']Yes - that would make sense. Those are proper money without the Lemmy provinance.[/quote]
About £1700 I believe. Very nice basses by all accounts, all the American Vintage RIs.

[quote name='silddx' post='1093885' date='Jan 18 2011, 03:43 PM']How many have you got of these? Did you manage to sell the other one?

Cheers,
Nigel[/quote]

There is only one.
I did remove the old thread, due to some members broke basschat rules

Of course it is an actual Fender American Vintage 57 Reissue

[quote name='thepurpleblob' post='1093946' date='Jan 18 2011, 03:28 PM']I'm wondering - seeing how this was a charity gig - was this part of the charity thing. Not that it's really my business, but I wonder how it got from the charity to the OP. Did Lemmy sign it to be auctioned off for the charity or something?[/quote]
Yes it was auctioned on ebay last year. I presume that's how 73 Jazz got hold of it.

Think the guy should be cut some slack. Noone is forcing anyone to buy this bass! Here is his feedback thread and it looks pretty positive to me [url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=59127&st=0&p=589708&#entry589708"]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=...mp;#entry589708[/url]

Edit: too slow

Edited by Clarky

[quote name='Clarky' post='1093973' date='Jan 18 2011, 03:44 PM']Think the guy should be cut some slack. Noone is forcing anyone to buy this bass! Here is his feedback thread and it looks pretty positive to me [url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=59127&st=0&p=589708&#entry589708"]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=...mp;#entry589708[/url]

Edit: too slow[/quote]

I don't think anybody isn't - I was thinking that was a serious amount for a USA Precision but I forgot about those reissues. As I have said before you are more than welcome to ask whatever you like and not get slagged for it. I don't doubt there are some Lemmy obsessives out there and this could be just the ticket. I just was curious about the background.

Good luck with the sale and all that.

Any chance of some detailed pictures of the signature please? Do you know what type of ink or other material was used for the signing? Will it react, (or has it already), with the Nitro finish I guess is what I'm asking? Has the sig. been varnished/sealed over?

Also detail pic's of the 'choice wood' would be good, rear of body & neck particularly to see the grain/pattern.

Cheerz, John

[quote name='KiOgon' post='1093993' date='Jan 18 2011, 04:57 PM']Any chance of some detailed pictures of the signature please? Do you know what type of ink or other material was used for the signing? Will it react, (or has it already), with the Nitro finish I guess is what I'm asking? Has the sig. been varnished/sealed over?

Also detail pic's of the 'choice wood' would be good, rear of body & neck particularly to see the grain/pattern.

Cheerz, John[/quote]

I do not know which ink has been used and it is not been sealed over, it has not been reacting with the finish yet.

[quote name='73Jazz' post='1094019' date='Jan 18 2011, 04:13 PM']I do not know which ink has been used and it is not been sealed over, it has not been reacting with the finish yet.

[/quote]

Thanks

[quote name='KiOgon' post='1094040' date='Jan 18 2011, 05:28 PM']Thanks[/quote]

You are welcome, if there is anything else you would like to see, just let me know

[quote name='silddx' post='1094028' date='Jan 18 2011, 05:17 PM']The neck wood is lovely![/quote]

Yes, even without the signature, this bass is one of the most beautiful basses i ever did seen in the last 22 years.
As i said before:
"Fender took their best instrument to present it to Lemmy, thats for sure."

• 2 weeks later...