Why become a member? ×

Shuker.

jayblaze

• 1 month later...

[quote name='BigRedX' post='1137248' date='Feb 22 2011, 04:04 PM'][url="http://www.knuckleguitarworks.com/instruments/quake.html"]Knuckle Quake 39.5" Scale[/url][/quote]
that's a real mans bass! gotta love those air coils (if thats what they are), we're makin some o' them for the next build :) tried the prototype in a guitar. really crunchy open sound. oooh

Edited by lettsguitars

[quote name='BigRedX' post='1137255' date='Feb 22 2011, 04:09 PM']They're [url="http://www.q-tuner.com/"]Q-Tuners[/url]. Unfortunately out of production at the moment.

We should probably stop hogging jayblaze's thread now...[/quote]
just one more :) they're pretty cheap those q tuners. although they're wound using 'Our proprietary computer aided guidance system'. all well and good for a space ship no doubt! but i'll stick to winding by hand on me homemade coil winder (less capacitance i reckon). they look cool though. copyrighted design too. so, N.A.S.A, don't even think about making these for M.I.A without the appropriate permission.

I adore Buckeye! My first Shuker was a Buckeye fest - and the thought of a maple board on a Buckeye body does things to me! heh heh!

Here's my ole Shuker on the website. I sold it to a very fine gentleman by the name of 'Platypus' Maybe one day I'll get a headless with maple board and buckeye facings again!

[quote name='Tinman' post='1146006' date='Mar 1 2011, 04:33 PM']I'm with Dood on this one. Buckeye is a great choice IMO and if you don't mind I'll show you mine :)

[attachment=73642:boelite4full.jpg][/quote]

Ahhh Pete! LOVE that bass!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

[quote name='peted' post='1229229' date='May 12 2011, 07:46 PM']That black walnut looks gorgeous under that lacquer. Very nice.[/quote]
A truly stunning looking bass, Im really looking forward to see how it turns out and no doubt it will be a will be a winner, I'm dieing to know something though, how did you got pics out of him? my two builds have been on the go for the best part of a year and not a sausage, no matter how often I ask, must be something I said! Not that I'm getting erked by it of course! Nope not in the slightest.

Edited by giblett123

• 2 months later...