Why become a member? ×

Hot Covers

Lozz196

Bought a speaker cover from Hot Covers, for my Ampeg SVT410HE.

In the worst of the snow, it arrived within 4/5 days, and they are based in Scotland, so very pleased with the service.

The cover itself is made from thick leatherlook waterproof vinyl, is very thickly padded (7mm), and virtually stands up on its own, without the cab inside. For any cabs with tolex front, rather than grills, a cover in my view is essential, and with this thing protecting my cab, I`m happy.

Came to £45 inc postage.

Chose these guys as they had items in stock, whereas with Roqsolid Covers, they make them to order. Nothing wrong with that, just wanted mine asap.

Very pleased with both product and service. So much so, am going to see if they can sort one for my Ampeg SVT210AV.

• 1 year later...

I got in touch with these guys earlier today about a custom cover for a Barefaced Midget. They replied straight away and seemed very helpful. I prefer the thick padded leather look to the more anorak looking Roqsolid! They can also make a velcro flap to cover the underside too. I shall be ordering one once I've got all the measurements...

Edited by dannybuoy

They really are a quality product, the only problem - if you can call it one - is that the covers don`t fold down for easy storage in a small space. They are very well padded, so are virtually rigid and retain the shape of the cab when the cab isn`t in it. But if your cab is in the back of a van sliding around, well these are ideal.

• 2 weeks later...

Ordered one on Saturday - got a text on Monday to expect delivery on Tuesday.
Delivered Tuesday via courier - not only that but SWMBO was out so the courier called me to say he'd tried the neighbours without success and what should he do next :)

Unpacked it last night and tried it out, I'm very impressed, certainly the nicest amp cover I've seen and great value for money.

To answer the above question "[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Do these speake[/font][/color][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]r covers[/font][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif] have protection for the underside of the cab ?". The straight answer is no, but I'm sure that if you called him he'd sort something out for you, although it'll be a custom requirement so I imagine will cost more and take longer.[/font][/color]

Edited by DrBike

Update -------------

I placed my order for two covers on tuesday.
I got a TXT message on Wednesday to say they should be with me on Thursday.
At 9 am today (Thursday ) I was sent a TXT message to say that the covers will be with me between 12.40 - 1.40 today !!!

Fantastic communication and Top, Top service !

When they arrive i will put some pictures up :)
I am very excited :)

Edited by Chris Horton

• 3 years later...

Just bought 2 covers for my Markbass CMD121P & NY121 and they arrived within the agreed time.
Solid well made covers and a great fit.
I'm very impressed and have thicker padding than my Roqsolid cover for my Berg HT322 cab.

Highly recommended and worth a look if you're in the market for covers. Check out their website.

http://www.hotcovers.co.uk/

Dave

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...