Why become a member? ×

Anniversary Stingray for sale

sturgeona

I am selling my mint condition 1996 Musicman Stingray 20th Anniversary 4 string. I gather that not that many were made. The bass comes complete with original case in great condition. The finish is truly excellent, a cut above a standard Musicman with gorgeous flamed maple top and tiger stripe maple neck and fingerboard. This is set off with the translucent tortoishell glued on pickguard and chrome controls. The bass was sat in a studio for many years and with me has spent most of it's time in the case or hanging on the wall! I can send the S/N and more photos if anyone is interested. I'll put it on ebay in a couple of weeks if it doesnt sell here. I need the funds to go towards a new Rob Allen bass I've got on order. I'm looking to get at least 1000 for it. [attachment=67655:IMG_0764.JPG] I'm really sorry but I can't upload any more pics. I'm trying to do it from my Mac and it is driving me up the wall. Can anyone advise me of a lo-tec solution?

Thanks for all your advice, if the following link works you can see a few more pics of the bass.

[url="http://www.flickr.com/photos/57761722@N07/?saved=1"]http://www.flickr.com/photos/57761722@N07/?saved=1[/url]

I want to get 1000 minimum but would prefer to get 1150 if at all possible.
The S/N is A01391 and it is one of 713 Maple necked fretted 20th anniversary models made. It has a 3 band EQ and a 6 bolt plate on the back. You can't really make out the flame/quilt in all t he pics but it really is fab. Also, the neck and fingerboard are kind of tiger stripped (bit like an old LesPaul) which just makes it even better. The Tolex is in near mint condition as well.

Edited by sturgeona

If there's one musicman special edition I'd part with my 30th Ray for this is it. Tried to get hold of one of these a few years back in good condition but failed miserably. Good luck with the sale but get a price on it quick to stop it getting pulled.

[quote name='Ou7shined' post='1075201' date='Jan 2 2011, 12:28 PM']Might be an idea to put up a price to save it going to ebay.

Is the purple handbag part of the deal? :)[/quote]

I know, I cant work the flippin I photo file structure out and my missus' damaged handbag came out!

Further info for you all. it is S/N A01391, one of 713 maple necked basses in this limited edition. 6 bolt plate on the back and 3 band EQ. Please ignore any pics of handbags, trees or cats that I may have inadvertently posted!!!!

[quote name='sturgeona' post='1075188' date='Jan 2 2011, 12:22 PM']I am selling my mint condition 1996 Musicman Stingray 20th Anniversary 4 string. I gather that not that many were made. The bass comes complete with original case in great condition. The finish is truly excellent, a cut above a standard Musicman with gorgeous flamed maple top and tiger stripe maple neck and fingerboard. This is set off with the translucent tortoishell glued on pickguard and chrome controls. The bass was sat in a studio for many years and with me has spent most of it's time in the case or hanging on the wall! I can send the S/N and more photos if anyone is interested. I'll put it on ebay in a couple of weeks if it doesnt sell here. I need the funds to go towards a new Rob Allen bass I've got on order. I'm looking to get at least 1000 for it. [attachment=67655:IMG_0764.JPG] I'm really sorry but I can't upload any more pics. I'm trying to do it from my Mac and it is driving me up the wall. Can anyone advise me of a lo-tec solution?[/quote]

[quote name='sturgeona' post='1075459' date='Jan 2 2011, 04:49 PM']I know, I cant work the flippin I photo file structure out and my missus' damaged handbag came out![/quote]
You could upload the pics to Photobucket or Flickr or whatever then link them here.

Hi Mate

I may consider the postal option depending on the outcome of the expressions of interest. I was after 1000 minimum but would prefer a bit more if I can get it. Give it a couple of days and I'll let you know. I wont put it on ebay if there are so many possible customers on the forum, wouldnt' be fair.

Cheers

[quote name='Rasta' post='1075468' date='Jan 2 2011, 04:59 PM']P to the M'd :)[/quote]

[quote name='stingrayPete1977' post='1075634' date='Jan 2 2011, 07:29 PM']I know everyone says this but if I hadn't got my 5 string two weeks ago I would of ripped your arm off! Go Rasta :lol:[/quote]

Hey Pete you were right, missing the MM sound like crazy, this would be a nice one to get although i'm happy with a standard- it was my mates fault letting me use his the othernight at a NYE gig...doh!, give me a shout if you want to let that Teal green go :) i had one back in the 90's as my first 'proper bass' Teal Green and maple neck...a real beauty...i also had a very unwell girlfriend at the time and that was that and rthe end of that bass :) !

Once the Ray tone gets you then you are hooked! I'm holding on to all mine at the moment but you never know what's around the corner GAS wise I will let you know if anything changes. The teal and maple do look great and you can see what I nice chunk of wood it is too. If I could raise some money for this I would take it 100% but I have bought the pre EB the 5 and the Genz Rig in the last 18 months already. Someone will be getting a good deal IMO, good luck with the sale and maybe one day it will appear again when the funds allow .

Edited by stingrayPete1977

[quote name='stingrayPete1977' post='1075634' date='Jan 2 2011, 07:29 PM']I know everyone says this but if I hadn't got my 5 string two weeks ago I would of ripped your arm off![/quote]

Isn't that always the way Pete?

I played one of these a couple of years back in Electromusic - strings were a bit dead but you could tell the Ray tone was there alright but with a slightly zingier edge maybe?
I was impressed but it was up at about £1100 IIRC and it wasn't up to my usual excellent/mint condition standards for a 'collectable' so I passed. Based on this the OP's price indication looks pretty good - I've checked down the sofa crevices but unfortunately only came up with a dog treat, a button, 33p in loose change and a Twix wrapper so I'll have to remain unfulfilled on this occasion.

If anyone wants to buy it and let me have first dibs in September if they change their mind that would be great!

I havent even got a dog treat we have run out (really, we need to get some tomorrow!) I think if it were not so near to christmas this baby would be gone at this fair price Mart? I have mentioned this to the wife but there wasnt much of a response so I will take that as a no.

[quote name='stingrayPete1977' post='1075850' date='Jan 2 2011, 10:42 PM']If anyone wants to buy it and let me have first dibs in September if they change their mind that would be great!

I havent even got a dog treat we have run out (really, we need to get some tomorrow!) I think if it were not so near to christmas this baby would be gone at this fair price Mart? I have mentioned this to the wife but there wasnt much of a response so I will take that as a no.[/quote]
Don't be put off by the newbie status, I have just met up with this guy to buy his hartke rig off him. HE IS 100%!.
Nice bloke and honers a deal.
a true B C' er

Thanks mark, good to meet up.
Cheers

[quote name='fluffo' post='1076368' date='Jan 3 2011, 03:32 PM']Don't be put off by the newbie status, I have just met up with this guy to buy his hartke rig off him. HE IS 100%!.
Nice bloke and honers a deal.
a true B C' er[/quote]