Why become a member? ×

I really shouldn't go into music shops on my own....

Blademan_98

[quote name='Stag' post='1072840' date='Dec 30 2010, 04:05 PM']Jack Bruce = Win.

One of my biggest influences... the main reason I wanted an EB3 for so long (and then ended up buying an Les Paul as it sounded more like an EB3 than the EB3's I tried! lol)[/quote]

+1 for Jack Bruce. But for me it had to be the fretless Thumb rather than the EB. The EB would probably have been cheaper though :)

It always amazed me that Jack Bruce played upright bass as where he came from in Glasgow, a reservation called Pollock, is like Beruit without the good weather. The two things just don`t seem to go together. Says the Paisley man. Pot and yes, kettle.

Burrito man, that`s the guy I was talking about. Well done!

Jez

Edited by jezzaboy

Bought the exact same model on a whim a few weeks ago. Absolutely love it! Seems nicely put together and maybe a one trick pony(ish) but in my covers band that does some Beatles it fits in nicely and cuts through really well. Also great on stage especially if like me you like to move about a bit! If you're getting a strap for it, get a suede backed one just to conquer the slight neck dive. Otherwise - ENJOY!!

[quote name='mart' post='1073073' date='Dec 30 2010, 07:55 PM']+1 for Jack Bruce. But for me it had to be the fretless Thumb rather than the EB. The EB would probably have been cheaper though :)[/quote]

I have to admit I regret not buying the fretless JB signature thumb when I tried one at the bass centre wat back.......

[quote name='KiOgon' post='1072848' date='Dec 30 2010, 04:13 PM']Good luck - oh & I had a Ashdown 5/15 mini rig for a while - how's about a little Trace Elliot Boxer 65? Link in my sig below. Very similar to the 5/15 in terms of performance, smaller & easy to carry/store.[/quote]
I'm a bit skint now, but if you still have it at the end of January I may well be interested :)

Brian

[quote name='Blademan_98' post='1073303' date='Dec 30 2010, 11:51 PM']I'm a bit skint now, but if you still have it at the end of January I may well be interested :)

Brian[/quote]

TE combo sold now Brian.
Cheerz, John