Why become a member? ×

Hello - My First Post

Bald_Dad

Hello there from Scotland.

My Christmas List to Santa was 1) Lens for new camera. 2) Tripod for new camera.

My parcel from Santa contained a Fender Jazz Bass :)

To be fair, I do seem to remember mentioning some 10 years ago or so that I'd like to play the bass one day.......

Still, that was jolly generous of Santa, and though I know next to nothing about bass guitars, I think Santa did (her) homework fairly well.

And I can keep it with the piano, guitar and theremin that I can't play either!

Look forward to reading and hopefully contributing.

Happy New year to all

:D Welcome to BC (Basschat) :lol:

good to have another member along...I've been a member here for about 5 months and thoroughly enjoy participating. You'll find lots of knowledgeable people on site who can help with all sorts of things, both musical and not..Lots of musical styles/tastes and people who open your eyes (ears??) to new types of music.

You'll also find lots of acronyms used on the site, mainly because regular users say the same thing. e.g. MIA (made in America) MIJ ...(Japan), MIM (...Mexico) usually to describe where their Fenders were made. GAS (confused me for a while) = Gear Acquisition Syndrome - most BCers have this. PM = private message... Another one that confused me for while was EUB - Electric upright bass - which are becoming more popular. There's a whole thread on the subject of acronyms on the first page..

Don't be afraid to ask - most people on this site are friendly though some of the threads can get decidedly :) unfriendly :lol: at times but that's what happens when you put lots of people with strong opinions together :D . You'll also see lots of items up for sale (feeding our GAS) and you can also advertise stuff (to fund your next lot of GAS).

One of my favourite threads is "Bad Jokes" - 19 pages at the last count - some absolute crackers on there :P :lol: - pay a visit!

I also regularly visit the "General Discussion" and "Off Topic" threads - some hot potatoes there.. :D :D

Don't forget to customise your profile..

I'll leave you to find you way around...

Again welcome..

[quote name='Bald_Dad' post='1070405' date='Dec 27 2010, 07:28 PM']Hello there from Scotland.

My Christmas List to Santa was 1) Lens for new camera. 2) Tripod for new camera.

My parcel from Santa contained a Fender Jazz Bass :)

To be fair, I do seem to remember mentioning some 10 years ago or so that I'd like to play the bass one day.......

Still, that was jolly generous of Santa, and though I know next to nothing about bass guitars, I think Santa did (her) homework fairly well.

And I can keep it with the piano, guitar and theremin that I can't play either!

Look forward to reading and hopefully contributing.

Happy New year to all[/quote] Edited by TheGreek

There's also a Basschat Flickr ID sharing page somewhere in the "Off Topic" section.
We've been having a monthly photo comp for fun & the next should be here in early January.

You'll soon be wanting to know more about bass after spending a couple of months with these guys. I popped on to ask a question almost 3 years ago & haven't been able to leave! :)

Welcome to BC.