Why become a member? ×

2x Bass Cases

Fullmetal

So the brand "Kaces" have recently announced a new bass bag which holds 2 basses. I have searched everywhere for these cases but I can't seem to find them in the UK, even though the cases were advertised in a UK magazine! The Kaces website only seems to have information about US stores that stock them.

Has anyone seen/heard of these cases before or anything similar? I've attached a picture below for reference.

[quote name='markstuk' post='1052411' date='Dec 9 2010, 09:12 AM']there's also a couple on Thomann.de for under a ton ... This looks quite nice... [url="http://www.thomann.de/gb/ibanez_double_bag_trolley_ebass.htm"]http://www.thomann.de/gb/ibanez_double_bag_trolley_ebass.htm[/url]

Mark[/quote]

Ooh I likes the look of that! Not a bad price either, and it has wheels. It's strange, when I did a search for twin gig bags I could only find guitar ones. I think I'll go for this one, cos at least I can drag it if my shoulders get a little sore :)

Thanks everyone who posted.

[quote name='Fullmetal' post='1052485' date='Dec 9 2010, 10:11 AM']Ooh I likes the look of that! Not a bad price either, and it has wheels. It's strange, when I did a search for twin gig bags I could only find guitar ones. I think I'll go for this one, cos at least I can drag it if my shoulders get a little sore :)

Thanks everyone who posted.[/quote]

If you get it please report back your impressions. It looks good, but my worry with these things is how well it will fare with the weight of two basses... is it solid enough? Basses protected at least as well as with a heavily padded Rockbass deluxe gigbag?
Sometimes I'd like to take two basses and not driving... so one of these cases look like they can be very useful. But I'm still uncertain which one to go for.

[quote name='BurritoBass' post='1055346' date='Dec 11 2010, 08:04 PM']I have a twin guitar bag & it weighs a tonne! I wouldn't even entertain a double bass bag. Nice theory but in reality they are bulky & unweildly. You are better off with two single bags (mine was from Thomann btw)[/quote]

I think the same.

I have a Fender double gig bag thats great for storing my basses in but i wouldn't dream of walking to my nearest tube station with it, its too heavy and i dont like wearing my gig bags on my back.

Nice storage solution, but far too heavy for gigging!

Incidentally, if you have instrument insurance for accidental damage, check your policy conditions. My policy stipulates that: “Instruments and equipment will only be covered if items are transported in rigid bodied cases”.