Why become a member? ×

sale canceled, thank you all.

snaps

[quote name='snaps' post='1048533' date='Dec 5 2010, 06:31 PM']Rare and in excellent condition (nearly new 10-2009)
Solid Swamp Ash Vintage Tint,
Ebony Radius 12 "Weight: 3.56 kg!
Sadowsky Preamp With Vintage Tone Control + Humcancelling Sadowsky pickups.
with certificates - regulating keys-new strings and fly box. ($ 3970)
[attachment=65764:sad_1.jpg]

She sings really terrible ... between tradition and modernity.
but the 5 string spacing is too important for me.

Make offers?

Trade possible :
The same in 4 v.
Alleva Coppolo
Metro 4 + money
Ken Smith 5-c
Fodera NYC 5 and 4
Fender custom shop + money

located in France
Regards.[/quote]

Sorry mate but forum rules are that you need to place a price on your bass, you can't simply invite offers.

Would you consider a trade for a lovely 5 string Sei original, with all the trimmings?

Its got bartolinis
ebony fretboard, with a double lining round the edge.
Zebrano as the main bulk of the body,
with bookmatched olive front and back
With ebony and maple between the two.
maple and wenge neck
BC3P Schack 18V on board EQ system - basically some wicked electronics in the back where you can alter the frequencies of what the tone knobs will change via DIP switches!!!
Headed but cut away at the bottom

Was going to sell this a year ago, but fell back in love with it, time for a change now though.

oh and the serial number is 007!

[quote name='snaps' post='1052435' date='Dec 9 2010, 09:31 AM']No, the 5 strings is in 20 mm too...but it's ideal for slap ![/quote]

Oh!! Good to know A couple of years ago in NYC I visited Roger's workshop in Brooklyn and asked Kevin Drexler (Roger's aide) about tighter spacing for a 4 (I used to have a NYC 4 from the '90s with the old Schaller bridge, where you could choose your preferred spacing). He told me that was not a possibility (I suppose because of contractual obligations with the current bridges supplier....)

Nice one anyway mate :)

Edited by Apothem

[quote name='Apothem' post='1052460' date='Dec 9 2010, 09:52 AM']Oh!! Good to know A couple of years ago in NYC I visited Roger's workshop in Brooklyn and asked Kevin Drexler (Roger's aide) about tighter spacing for a 4 (I used to have a NYC 4 from the '90s with the old Schaller bridge, where you could choose your preferred spacing). He told me that was not a possibility (I suppose because of contractual obligations with the current bridges supplier....)

Nice one anyway mate :)[/quote]

I'd have to agree with Apothem above about standard spacing (5 - 19mm, 4 - 20mm). Also, with more recent Sadowskys, you definitely can swap the bridge for different string spacing. At least this is certainly true of NYC instruments, but I cannot vouch 100% for Metros. I have a 2009 build NYC 5 that I acquired s/h, which had an 18mm bridge when I got it. Kevin supplied me with a 'standard' 19mm replacement, which is now on the bass (anyone out there want to buy an 18mm bridge in chrome?). The base plate for the two bridges is identical - the screw holes all lined up perfectly - and now I have the 19mm version fitted, the strings also line up perfectly with the pole pieces on the pups and are better aligned to the edge of the neck too. When the 18mm bridge was fitted, the strings didn't line up perfectly, which affected the sound slightly. So I'm surprised to hear that this J5 has a 20mm bridge because the pics seem to show the strings also lined up perfectly to the pup poles....

I also have a Metro J4 (2008) and that is definitely spaced at 20mm.

Anyways.... good luck with the trade. That Ash 5 with the black hardware and ebony f/board is one of the nicest looking Sadowskys I've seen.

Of course, Snaps, if the reason you're trading is purely down to string spacing at the bridge - why not give Kevin a call and get hold of a replacement bridge - though beware the alignment issue I've mentioned above if you stray from 19mm. It's not a big issue, but worth bearing in mind.

Edited by JCB

[quote name='snaps' post='1053077' date='Dec 9 2010, 05:24 PM']Good idea!
I'll write to him.
but it may cause problems with spacing
the pic ?
I measured it is 20mm.[/quote]

Hope you get it sorted - it would be a great shame to say goodbye to such a nice bass over something that is easily fixed. When I measured my bridge to make sure I got the correct size to change, I was advised to ensure that I measured from string centre to string centre (not to the outside edges of strings, which of course would add the width of the string to the measurement). Good luck!

[quote name='JCB' post='1053193' date='Dec 9 2010, 06:43 PM']Hope you get it sorted - it would be a great shame to say goodbye to such a nice bass over something that is easily fixed. When I measured my bridge to make sure I got the correct size to change, I was advised to ensure that I measured from string centre to string centre (not to the outside edges of strings, which of course would add the width of the string to the measurement). Good luck![/quote]

Interested in trading for my US Lakland JO4?

[quote name='Apothem' post='1052460' date='Dec 9 2010, 09:52 AM']Oh!! Good to know A couple of years ago in NYC I visited Roger's workshop in Brooklyn and asked Kevin Drexler (Roger's aide) about tighter spacing for a 4 (I used to have a NYC 4 from the '90s with the old Schaller bridge, where you could choose your preferred spacing). He told me that was not a possibility (I suppose because of contractual obligations with the current bridges supplier....)

Nice one anyway mate :)[/quote]

Sadowsky have a replacement bridge for their 4 strings which gives the option of 19mm string spacing as opposed to the standard 20mm. Not sure about options for the 5 string

...Schaller 2000 bridge is best for string spaceing adjusting, I'm very happy with that bridge on my Marcus V. [url="http://marcusmillerfive.wz.cz/"]http://marcusmillerfive.wz.cz/[/url] I had couple different bridges on my bass and this one is my favorite becouse it sounds best and it has top string loading ...well It's not original Sadowsky and maybe you have to make extra holes...

Edited by Wimpy