Why become a member? ×

Westone Thunder £40

Thornybank

It also appears to be a Thunder 1A, with a knob missing, meaning it's the active version, albeit with a whole 1 band preamp, and the need for 2 9 volts, but still, pretty cool, and it has a passive switch,also the old logo means it likely actually dates from 78/79 rather than the 80's

Bloody good deal, I love my Westone 1A,solid,dependable japcrap with a nice precision tone

Edited by skippy_moogoose

[quote name='skippy_moogoose' post='1045859' date='Dec 3 2010, 12:25 AM']the old logo means it likely actually dates from 78/79 rather than the 80's[/quote]
Westone was actually a Matsumoku house brand, which was apparently launched in 1981, so there ain't any Thunders older than that!.

That's a ridiculous price, someone really should get this, if it's still there.

Jon.

[quote name='alanbass1' post='1047162' date='Dec 4 2010, 10:33 AM']I actually like these - had one many years ago[/quote]

I actually like these and still use it a lot. Superb things. Sound immense when played actively - just rolled into the low boost and 'Wow'. And the neck is sooo good. For my money a better instrument than the much lauded VM and CV Squiers, so for £40 an absolute steal. I imagine with hotter pups it would be awesome - considering an upgrade for mine.

Edited by Paul S