Why become a member? ×

Anyone got an Orange Terror Bass Amp to try?

BarelyL4

Hi, bit of a long shot and indeed a bit necky, but I was wondering whether there was anyone out there who lives near Salisbury in Wiltshire (down South) and owns one of these little monsters that they would be willing to let me come over and try through my Bergs? I currently run a MB Little Mark II through them and although loud enough and rich sounding, I am intrigued to hear what the Orange sounds like?

Here's hoping - Rich

I have one but I live in Ireland so Im not much help here. I just wanted to say that the Terror sounds amazing especially when used through one of their new cabs. I use it with the 212 and it sounds old school with loads of power and punch.
It really is a loud amp and the sound is great for passive bass, ie Precision or Jazz. Its impossible to get a bad sound from the amp but on the flip side its almost impossible to alter the tone. The 3 band eq does very little, (just like an old valve amp) you cant turn up the treble and get a slap sound. So if the old school warm thump is what your after or a rock tone, this is the amp. But if you want a more modern hifi sound dont even bother trying it.

Hi all to all those that have responded - I appreciate the advice / views. The Orange Bass Terror certainly seems to require further investigation!

I have PM'd the two chatters that have offered their rigs for me to come and have a go on - thanks guys.

Regards - Rich

[quote name='paulie' post='1044603' date='Dec 2 2010, 07:19 AM']It really is a loud amp and the sound is great for passive bass, ie Precision or Jazz.[/quote]

Does it not work great with actives then?

Ive been on the hunt for a new amp for a while now, and this is on the list. I need to try one out soon.

[quote name='deej' post='1045623' date='Dec 2 2010, 08:42 PM']Does it not work great with actives then?

Ive been on the hunt for a new amp for a while now, and this is on the list. I need to try one out soon.[/quote]
It has an active/passive switch. Worked well with my ex Musicman although admittedly i use passive basses now - sweet sound.