Why become a member? ×

Peavey 2x10 Cab. Cheap cheap Cheap!

Matty

Hey there guys.

I bought this cab about a year ago from Moos3h on here, just as a stop gap solution.
I'm now happy with my pair of Agulars, so this is taking up space, so its time to sell it on.
I paid £80 for it, and I'm only looking for £50.

It'd make a good cab for a first rig, a rehearsal room rig or a back-up.
I used it on its own with a relatively loud 3 piece, and it cut through quite nicely.

As its big bulky and so forth, I'm not going to ship it, nor do i drive, but £50 collected from Luton is reasonable i think!

Going to use James' image from his sale thread last year, hope thats ok.

Cheers
Matt[attachment=65274:19Sep2009_2659.jpg]

Ohmage wise, i believe it's 8 ohm.
I'm not 100% sure though, i only ever ran it on its own.
I believe it has up graded celestion drivers too.
I'll see if i can check the speaker ratings tonight or tomorrow morning.

And power wise, again i believe it's about 250watts.

If it's had the drivers replaced it may be 8ohm BUT 'most' of these early 2x10's are 4ohm they were later offered with 8ohm as an option. I always found that a bit odd especially as the 4x10 TX was 'normally' available as 8ohm... you'd think that most people might buy the 2x10's in pairs. :)

[quote name='casapete' post='1042473' date='Nov 30 2010, 03:44 PM']Original 2x10 TX cabs were first available only in 4 ohm versions, 175 watts RMS / 350 watts program I believe.
(However, with the Celestions it may now be 8 ohm?)
I had one of these, sounded great too.[/quote]

Casapete is bang on with the numbers for the cab in it's original form - I run two of these myself. The price is about what I paid for my two as well. I can also tell you that shipping them to myself using our works courier cost me about £30 for each cab. Not light!

Edit: While I think of it, these cabs have a tweeter fitted, with a control to vary the 'tweeteryness', so in order to change the impedance of the cabs, you'd probably have to have disconnected the controller and the tweeter.

Edit edit: The controller and input jacks are all one part, so you'd also have to make a new plate for the jacks on the back of the cab.

Edited by Daquifsta