Why become a member? ×

Chorus Pedal - Recommendations please?!

EskimoBassist

Hey there,

Firstly let me say, HAPPY NEW YEAR! Hope you all had a good one and enjoyed spending your xmas dosh, as that's what i'm trying to do right now!

I am hoping to buy a chorus pedal to be exact, amoungst other things. I play a passive bass if that is at all any help! I'm just looking for a quality sounding and versatile pedal, not necessarily boutique or anything though.

To be honest i was thinking of jumping on the band wagon with a Boss CEB-3.

Wise move or would you suggest something else entirely!

Many thanks, Rich

I would not recommend the CEB-3. As a chorus it's OK, but it adds so much unwanted noise and degrades the signal so much that I found it unusable. I guess it depends on how fussy you want to be I guess. If you are going to use one, stick it in a loop so that you can bypass it.

[url="http://www.analogman.com/clone.htm"]Analogman Clone Chorus.[/url]

If you want something cheaper, the Danelectro Coolcat is surprisingly nice. I used to have the 9V version but apparently the discontinued 18V version is even sweeter. I'd have kept it but it started to die with intermittent operation.

I use an Analogman Clone Chorus which is a boutique clone of the original EHX Small Clone. Feels solid as a brick and unlike the EHX Small Clone has both rate and depth knobs. Mine also has a 3-way toggle switch giving three slightly different choruses (normal, deep (bassy) and thin).

They're a bit pricey but they have a host of different options available depending on your needs :)

Edited by BigBassBob

[quote name='Muppet' post='119823' date='Jan 13 2008, 10:21 PM']Just another thought - if you have a Korg AX3000B (I think you might have) then stick to the choruses on there. Miles better than a Boss.[/quote]

Yeah youre right i do have that pedal and i love it! However the time will soon come no doubt that i will leave it behind and buy about 12 stomps to replace it lol