Why become a member? ×

your fav Rock/Funk/Heavy/thrash Rock tracks....thread

bubinga5

[quote name='phil.i.stein' post='1038913' date='Nov 27 2010, 04:09 PM']also the rollins band for me, the old stuff with andy weiss on bass was killer, but also later stuff with melvyn gibbs (ex-defunct) also great.

[/quote]

Back in the day I was a huge Rollins Band fan. It all ended with Mother Superior becoming the band, Get Some... was a half decent album mind...

I saw all 3 versions of the band live and the Melvyn Gibbs version was immense!

Those of you who liked "Got the Time" by Anthrax would be suitably impressed by the (original) Joe Jackson version, I feel sure.
+1 on Overkill, Rollins, Infectious Grooves etc.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/8SM2FrsY4Gg?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/8SM2FrsY4Gg?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/53qeiAVjHQU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/53qeiAVjHQU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Edit-Well, that went well, didn't it. No good deed goes unpunished...

Edited by Lfalex v1.1

[quote name='Lfalex v1.1' post='1039428' date='Nov 27 2010, 11:42 PM']Those of you who liked "Got the Time" by Anthrax would be suitably impressed by the (original) Joe Jackson version, I feel sure.
+1 on Overkill, Rollins, Infectious Grooves etc.

Edit-Well, that went well, didn't it. No good deed goes unpunished...[/quote]

fixed.

Clutch! Classic!

More Rollins, from the end of the Andrew Weiss era

Edited by bartelby

[quote name='bartelby' post='1039600' date='Nov 28 2010, 08:07 AM']fixed.

Clutch! Classic!

More Rollins, from the end of the Andrew Weiss era
[/quote]
Clutch! They're brilliant!.
My mate got me into them with Robot Hive / Exodus earlier this year and then a couple of weeks later they were at High Voltage festival which i was working at and they were awesome. (I got my mate in to the festival by way of thanks for getting me into them!!).

[quote name='AntLockyer' post='1038947' date='Nov 27 2010, 04:35 PM']A couple of mine have already been posted

[/quote]

This was my all time favourite song for a very long time... brilliant.
I've always wanted to do it live, but still to this day haven't found a singer who can pull it off with aplomb (oo-er missus!).

[quote name='bluesparky' post='1040603' date='Nov 28 2010, 11:30 PM']This was my all time favourite song for a very long time... brilliant.
I've always wanted to do it live, but still to this day haven't found a singer who can pull it off with aplomb (oo-er missus!).[/quote]

You should hear me do it on singstar. Aplomb a plenty, not in tune though :)

[quote name='retroman' post='1042000' date='Nov 30 2010, 09:36 AM']Some more from me :)

This one is best heard through some decent speakers, to get the best from the bowel shaking Gibson EB2 :)

Seriously old school

Seriously heavy......Beard Of DOOOM![/quote]

Oooh Spirit Caravan!
Nice!

I can't wait to get home to see what the other links are...

[quote name='bartelby' post='1042015' date='Nov 30 2010, 09:47 AM']Oooh Spirit Caravan!
Nice!

I can't wait to get home to see what the other links are...[/quote]

Cheers! I'm a massive fan of stuff that Wino has been doing over the years. The guy seems to know how to lay down some of the heaviest tunes known to man, without having to resort to uber drop tuning. Very talented guy.

The Crowbar track is one of my faves....Definately lives up to the Crowbar moniker of "tune low, play slow" :)

[quote name='retroman' post='1042025' date='Nov 30 2010, 09:53 AM']Cheers! I'm a massive fan of stuff that Wino has been doing over the years. The guy seems to know how to lay down some of the heaviest tunes known to man, without having to resort to uber drop tuning. Very talented guy.[/quote]

Definitely!

Once I've finished listening to some Tom Waits, Spirit Caravan and then Wino's solo stuff will be played.

[quote name='bartelby' post='1042051' date='Nov 30 2010, 10:22 AM']Definitely!

Once I've finished listening to some Tom Waits, Spirit Caravan and then Wino's solo stuff will be played.[/quote]

Yeah love the new solo album. Plenty of YouTube footage of live shows about. He seems to be throwing a lot of old Obsessed, and Spirit Caravan numbers into the live shows.