Why become a member? ×

FODERA Monarch 4 Victor Wooten Classic

herr rocket

I don't think it's makes a huge difference but I have it on pretty good authority from a real Fodera expert that it's a Monarch 4 with a "Classic" peghead.

Core differences between a VW and a 'standard Monarch are:

VW has the wider classic headstock shape (which yours has), MOP Tulips at the 12th and 24th frets (which yours doesn't) and the FB material is 'Old Growth' Indian Rosewood (which I can't tell from the pics, lol).

[quote name='molan' post='1031519' date='Nov 21 2010, 05:21 PM']I don't think it's makes a huge difference but I have it on pretty good authority from a real Fodera expert that it's a Monarch 4 with a "Classic" peghead.

Core differences between a VW and a 'standard Monarch are:

VW has the wider classic headstock shape (which yours has), MOP Tulips at the 12th and 24th frets (which yours doesn't) and the FB material is 'Old Growth' Indian Rosewood (which I can't tell from the pics, lol).[/quote]

Here is the answer from Fodera:

It is a kind of "hybrid." In all respects, it is a Vic Wooten Classic,
however, the FB does not have Tulips on the 12th and 24th positions.
Woods are exactly the same as a VW Classic, except this has a Quilt Maple
Top...
So, Mahogany body, East Indian Rosewood FB, Quilt Maple top...

Given that Bass Guitar magazine have just reviewed one of these which is not nearly as pretty and list the price at a whopping £6.6k anyone in the market is going to make a huge saving. Not me sadly as it was hard enough for me to recently shell out £800 on a newbie. Good luck with the sale of this gorgeous bass, have a bump!

[quote name='ezbass' post='1049276' date='Dec 6 2010, 03:01 PM']Given that Bass Guitar magazine have just reviewed one of these which is not nearly as pretty and list the price at a whopping £6.6k anyone in the market is going to make a huge saving. Not me sadly as it was hard enough for me to recently shell out £800 on a newbie. Good luck with the sale of this gorgeous bass, have a bump![/quote]

The one in Bass Guitar mag was stunning in the flesh, hard to explain why but pictures really don't do it justice :)

Mind you, it's kinda immaterial as I understand it's been sold now :)

[quote name='molan' post='1049297' date='Dec 6 2010, 02:18 PM']The one in Bass Guitar mag was stunning in the flesh, hard to explain why but pictures really don't do it justice :)

Mind you, it's kinda immaterial as I understand it's been sold now :)[/quote]

Yeah it was sold to a player from Austria before it had even arrived!

The Matthew Garrison they have at Bass Gear is possibly the most beautiful Fodera I've ever seen! Shame it's a 6!

Connor

[quote name='ConnorHamilton' post='1049735' date='Dec 6 2010, 08:20 PM']Yeah it was sold to a player from Austria before it had even arrived!

The Matthew Garrison they have at Bass Gear is possibly the most beautiful Fodera I've ever seen! Shame it's a 6!

Connor[/quote]

It had been around for a short while beforehand - spent a while with me (hence why I knew how nice it was).

I haven't seen the Matt Garrison yet but the pics look very nice :)

Mathias' bass is still lovely too though - quilt maple is one of the most popular finishes for a Monarch, just seems to work really well so not surprising that it's popular.