Why become a member? ×

I'm in love!

Mickeyboro

[quote name='dood' post='117355' date='Jan 9 2008, 07:48 PM']Well, I think that yes people should "be themselves", sure. Thats all great. There is no excuse for being disrespectful or thoughtless when it comes to posting on a public forum. We welcome all on here and as I have said already, it only takes a minority to spoil it for others by not thinking before they post.

Unfortunately for the moderating team, it makes us busy, when we'd rather be playing bass too.

The moderating team do discuss such topics together in order to make this forum a nice place. It's the best bass one around, I think.[/quote]

+1 Basschat is the best forum ive ever been a part of, also the only one. But I did see the background on talkbass once and ours looked much more erm... better

[quote name='dood' post='117355' date='Jan 9 2008, 07:48 PM']Well, I think that yes people should "be themselves", sure. Thats all great. There is no excuse for being disrespectful or thoughtless when it comes to posting on a public forum. We welcome all on here and as I have said already, it only takes a minority to spoil it for others by not thinking before they post.

Unfortunately for the moderating team, it makes us busy, when we'd rather be playing bass too.

The moderating team do discuss such topics together in order to make this forum a nice place. It's the best bass one around, I think.[/quote]

I hadn't thought about it properly from a moderator's point of view before. The fact that it makes a voluntary role more taxing is a very fair comment.

[url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=10924&view=findpost&p=116942"]This[/url] was too far, the BBC. Although now you know what'll get edited.

Well I thought I'd worked it out, then I watched the Jeff Beck clip again on Youtube and she seems to be getting a fretless type sound from her Sadowsky fretted. Me-sa confused.

In the last hour I must've listen to the second track on her myspace page at least 8 times. Nothing overly fancy, just fantastic, tasteful playing. Hats off to her.

6 page thread about Tal Wilkenfeld and about 5% of the posts relate to her bass playing.

Great respect for her as a bass player. As for her sex, why the flying f*** does that have to take up the other 95% of the posts, this is after all a bass forum and not a boy's club.

Personally she looks too much like my daughter for me to find her attractive, but then I'm an old bastard.

If you find treating women like a piece of meat fun then that's frankly a bit narrow and sad imo.

Pierre

Guest TheBigBeefChief

[quote name='paul, the' post='117392' date='Jan 9 2008, 08:39 PM']I hadn't thought about it properly from a moderator's point of view before. The fact that it makes a voluntary role more taxing is a very fair comment.

[url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=10924&view=findpost&p=116942"]This[/url] was too far, the BBC. Although now you know what'll get edited.[/quote]

How was it too far? Do you not see the joke?

I cannot believe it was edited. I don't even think the URL exists!

It was in response to the post above that contained some shameless plugging (nothing wrong with plugging - don't get me wrong). It reminded me of those comments on popular YouTube vids where spammers write "Earn $$$$ by visiting here www.getrichquickmoron.com" or "Meet horny girls in your area" etc, etc.

My response was in reference to that.

So why was it edited??

[quote name='Rumble' post='117393' date='Jan 9 2008, 08:41 PM']Well I thought I'd worked it out, then I watched the Jeff Beck clip again on Youtube and she seems to be getting a fretless type sound from her Sadowsky fretted. Me-sa confused.

In the last hour I must've listen to the second track on her myspace page at least 8 times. Nothing overly fancy, just fantastic, tasteful playing. Hats off to her.[/quote]

Must be all in the hands, cool player!

Guest TheBigBeefChief

[quote name='GreeneKing' post='117399' date='Jan 9 2008, 08:45 PM']6 page thread about Tal Wilkenfeld and about 5% of the posts relate to her bass playing.

Great respect for her as a bass player. As for her sex, why the flying f*** does that have to take up the other 95% of the posts, this is after all a bass forum and not a boy's club.

Personally she looks too much like my daughter for me to find her attractive, but then I'm an old bastard.

If you find treating women like a piece of meat fun then that's frankly a bit narrow and sad imo.

Pierre[/quote]

Look at the original post. If the original poster wasn't implying that part of his love for her wasn't due to her attractiveness, why did he include a picture? Would he have included a pic of a new male bass soloist?

To me, the original post (and several subsequent) implies that the "love" is partly due to appearence. Therefore, comments about appearence are fair game.

You're a grown man. I shouldn't have to explain this.

[quote name='TheBigBeefChief' post='117405' date='Jan 9 2008, 08:50 PM']How was it too far? Do you not see the joke?

It was in response to the post above that contained some shameless plugging (nothing wrong with plugging - don't get me wrong). It reminded me of those comments on popular YouTube vids where spammers write "Earn $$$$ by visiting here www.getrichquickmoron.com" or "Meet horny girls in your area" etc, etc.

So why was it edited??[/quote]

Because fella.... And say this straight faced.........sometimes your sense of humour isnt.

[quote name='TheBigBeefChief' post='117405' date='Jan 9 2008, 08:50 PM']How was it too far? Do you not see the joke?

So why was it edited??[/quote]

Yeah I got it. I assumed the link was either active (and adult) or distastefully named. (I didn't see the post before it was edited)

I've got no beef with it if it didn't. Although, why would it have been edited?

Guest TheBigBeefChief

[quote name='paul, the' post='117412' date='Jan 9 2008, 08:58 PM']Yeah I got it. I assumed the link was either active (and adult) or distastefully named. (I didn't see the post before it was edited)

I've got no beef with it if it didn't. Although, why would it have been edited?[/quote]

The link was something like girlsoncamfree.com. I actually checked it and it was non-existent.

No profanity at all.

Edited by TheBigBeefChief

[quote]If the original poster wasn't implying that part of his love for her wasn't due to her attractiveness, why did he include a picture?[/quote]

That's a good and fair point BBC.

I still stand by my personal discomfort at some of the stuff expressed in this thread. I just do, err, that's it.

Pedro

[quote name='TheBigBeefChief' post='117114' date='Jan 9 2008, 04:28 PM']I think women appreciate a bit of honesty. If I met her I'd tell her that if she jumps in the shower and puts a comb through her hair I might give her one. She'd be all over me.[/quote]

I took this as sarcastic and ironic, self-deprecatory wit. We should realise by now that The BBC struggles with getting the quotes to work and doesn't know how to get the emoticons up so I self-edit the comments. It makes me shudder to think that anyone actually took this seriously. Though it does reinforce what I've said before about the importance of emoticons when communicating on line.

I really hope The BBC comes along to the next bash so that people can get a handle on it all. I whole heartdly agree with Jamie though when he says that people ought to think before they post.

In work I continually have to listen to piss-takes because I am Welsh. I know these people are not racist and they would never say the same things about black people or Muslim Pakistanis or the like but I know it's all good natured. If it wasn't they'd get some serious flak. Lighten up and see this monkey's humour for what it is.

PS - BBC, I think you're a t****r! :)

Guest TheBigBeefChief

[quote name='Sean' post='117419' date='Jan 9 2008, 09:03 PM']PS - BBC, I think you're a t****r! :)[/quote]

I agree. You'll not find a bigger one.

[quote name='TheBigBeefChief' post='117409' date='Jan 9 2008, 08:54 PM']Look at the original post. If the original poster wasn't implying that part of his love for her wasn't due to her attractiveness, why did he include a picture? Would he have included a pic of a new male bass soloist?

To me, the original post (and several subsequent) implies that the "love" is partly due to appearence. Therefore, comments about appearence are fair game.

You're a grown man. I shouldn't have to explain this.[/quote]

I think it really comes down to this. Why do you find a woman bassist fair game to make sexual innuendos about when an attractive male bassist does not receive the same "praise" from you? And then you defend your "remarks' like your an innocent in all this. "It's the original posters" responsibility because he posted the picture.

She is younger than you, more talented than you, and obviously more mature than you. Why do you have such a problem with giving women respect?

[quote name='TheBigBeefChief' post='117421' date='Jan 9 2008, 09:06 PM']I agree. You'll not find a bigger one.[/quote]

You just have the unusual talent of revolving the thread around yourself, by the way I don't think you're a tosser, but most of us here get turned on by bass :)

Guest TheBigBeefChief

[quote name='jammie17' post='117428' date='Jan 9 2008, 09:19 PM']I think it really comes down to this. Why do you find a woman bassist fair game to make sexual innuendos about when an attractive male bassist does not receive the same "praise" from you? And then you defend your "remarks' like your an innocent in all this. "It's the original posters" responsibility because he posted the picture.

She is younger than you, more talented than you, and obviously more mature than you. Why do you have such a problem with giving women respect?[/quote]

C'mon! You're better than that!

Firstly, I made no innuendos at all. I said she looks a bit ropey but I'd still f*ck her. Thats not an innuendo.

Secondly, If was attracted to men and found Jaco cute, I'd say the same. As it stands, I don't want to f*ck him. Long hair or not.

Thirdly, I put no blame with the original poster. I only mention is original post because it shows I'm not actually off topic.

Fourthly (wow - four points!), she is younger, MUCH more talented than me and probably more mature. But I have no problem giving women respect. I'd tell a man that he needs to brush his hair. Equally, I've told many women that I'd f*ck them. It usually goes down ok. Usually.

Basschat - the home of the high-horse.

[quote name='TheBigBeefChief' post='117438' date='Jan 9 2008, 09:33 PM']C'mon! You're better than that!

Firstly, I made no innuendos at all. I said she looks a bit ropey but I'd still f*ck her. Thats not an innuendo.

Secondly, If was attracted to men and found Jaco cute, I'd say the same. As it stands, I don't want to f*ck him. Long hair or not.

Thirdly, I put no blame with the original poster. I only mention is original post because it shows I'm not actually off topic.

Fourthly (wow - four points!), she is younger, MUCH more talented than me and probably more mature. But I have no problem giving women respect. I'd tell a man that he needs to brush his hair. Equally, I've told many women that I'd f*ck them. It usually goes down ok. Usually.

Basschat - the home of the high-horse.[/quote]

Dude...you're really butting heads with someone who used to act just like you for the same reasons....let it go and move on...it does no one any good....being the fool only amuses for so long.

Guest TheBigBeefChief

[quote name='jammie17' post='117440' date='Jan 9 2008, 09:36 PM']Dude...you're really butting heads with someone who used to act just like you for the same reasons....let it go and move on...it does no one any good....being the fool only amuses for so long.[/quote]

Thanks Dad.

I take it your about to make an equally moronic comment regarding respecting women and innuendos on this thread?

[url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=10793&st=20"]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=10793&st=20[/url]

After all, fair's fair.

[quote name='TheBigBeefChief' post='117421' date='Jan 9 2008, 09:06 PM']I agree. You'll not find a bigger one.[/quote]You don't post anything about what you like as a bass player, it's all really childish and a bit sad. PM me if you want to talk.
Humour is an art and you seem to loose it when others confront what you say, rather than carry on the gags.
If this is an experiment on your part to get reactions then a bass forum is a bit low key.

[quote name='TheBigBeefChief' post='117441' date='Jan 9 2008, 09:38 PM']Thanks Dad.

I take it your about to make an equally moronic comment regarding respecting women and innuendos on this thread?

[url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=10793&st=20"]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=10793&st=20[/url]

After all, fair's fair.[/quote]

Your link goes to a non import subject......

As for the thanks dad....I believe that's part of your problem.....not enough teaching to be thankful for.