Why become a member? ×

I'm in love!

Mickeyboro

[quote name='TheBigBeefChief' post='117159' date='Jan 9 2008, 05:05 PM']"Sexism is hilarous, isn't it. Oh, and racism, always good for a giggle. Don't forget taking the micky out of people with disablilities too! What harm can it do eh, its only fun and games?

No bloody wonder some of the female posters left this forum for dust" - Wil

Or maybe they got bored of all the middle-of-the-road, overly-sensitive "right on" crap that some people post?[/quote]

No, I can tell you as a moderator that yes infact they did leave because of the sexist and chauvanistic posts that were appearing on the forums. Whilst on the subject, there are very few, and I quote "overly-sensitive "right on" crap" posts on this forum at all.

Guest TheBigBeefChief

"You are an attention seeker, you seek to provoke argument. I'm not going to argue with you, but my opinion is as I stated. I'm a bloke, but frankly this "LADZ ON TOUR!!!1" bullshit makes me sick. It needs stamping out." - Wil

My new favourite post.

I don't understand how my original post is sexist? If I enjoyed f*cking men I would have said the same thing to a bloke. Nothing but equality here.

Sounds like someones tired.

Guest TheBigBeefChief

"No, I can tell you as a moderator that yes infact they did leave because of the sexist and chauvanistic posts that were appearing on the forums. Whilst on the subject, there are very few, and I quote "overly-sensitive "right on" crap" posts on this forum at all." - Dood

There are loads of them in every off-topic thread!

Look at this one for example. A light hearted thread and a bit of banter and then someone thows their toys out of the pram in mock indignation.

Its like Old Horse Murphy says, this forum really needs to lighten up a bit.

If someone tells a joke and 100 people laugh and 1 person is offended, who's the one with the problem?

Edited by TheBigBeefChief

[quote name='dood' post='117183' date='Jan 9 2008, 05:21 PM']No, I can tell you as a moderator that yes infact they did leave because of the sexist and chauvanistic posts that were appearing on the forums. Whilst on the subject, there are very few, and I quote "overly-sensitive "right on" crap" posts on this forum at all.[/quote]

I did wonder where they all went. When I first joined there was a healthy female contingent on here. I do remember a couple of posts from them objecting to some rather crude remarks made by male members, and instead of apologising, the protagonists just made things worse. Shame really....
Still, I remember a post from onefemale ex-member which suggested that the blokes who give it large online are generally making up for an inadequacy elswhere :)
Chris

Fit chick Bassist...

SO f***ing what.....

She can out play most of us,and looks good too,marketpersons dream if you ask me. And Jeff Beck wouldnt take a talentless musician out with him on tour?

Rhonda Smith and Gail Ann Dorsey have been doing the same for years.

Crude comment TBBC,but Im not crying about it.

Guest TheBigBeefChief

"Oh do carry on with the show. I'd hate to derail the excellent and concise points you were making regarding Tal's playing." - Wil

Because a thread entitled "I'm in Love!, with Jeff Beck's bass player" followed by a picture of a (supposedly) attractive young women is exlusively intended to be about her musical prowess?

Maybe you should read the rest of the thread before posting?

[quote name='TheBigBeefChief' post='117193' date='Jan 9 2008, 05:26 PM']"No, I can tell you as a moderator that yes infact they did leave because of the sexist and chauvanistic posts that were appearing on the forums. Whilst on the subject, there are very few, and I quote "overly-sensitive "right on" crap" posts on this forum at all."

There are loads of them in every off-topic thread!

Look at this one for example. A light hearted thread and a bit of banter and then someone thows their toys out of the pram in mock indignation.

Its like Old Horse Murphy says, this forum really needs to lighten up a bit.

If someone tells a joke and 100 people laugh and 1 person is offended, who's the one with the problem?[/quote]

I'm not going to argue with you. No one was in 'mock indignation'. I am telling you what the reason was for some of our female registered posters not wishing to come onto this forum anymore.

We can all have a laugh, sure, but be respectful to those on the forum at the same time. Why should a user feel unwelcome due to a minority who are spoiling it? 100 people can share a joke but it only takes 1 to take it too far.

Guest TheBigBeefChief

"Still, I remember a post from onefemale ex-member which suggested that the blokes who give it large online are generally making up for an inadequacy elswhere" - Beedster

That is true actually. I have an absolutely tiny penis.

[quote name='TheBigBeefChief' post='117206' date='Jan 9 2008, 05:37 PM']"Still, I remember a post from onefemale ex-member which suggested that the blokes who give it large online are generally making up for an inadequacy elswhere" - Beedster

That is true actually. I have an absolutely tiny penis.[/quote]

She was right then :)

[quote name='Beedster' post='117201' date='Jan 9 2008, 05:32 PM']I did wonder where they all went. When I first joined there was a healthy female contingent on here. I do remember a couple of posts from them objecting to some rather crude remarks made by male members, and instead of apologising, the protagonists just made things worse. Shame really....
Still, I remember a post from onefemale ex-member which suggested that the blokes who give it large online are generally making up for an inadequacy elswhere :)
Chris[/quote]

I get the same homoerotisism about my 9,it dosent bother me,I actually like having some attention from at least one sex,even if its not from one Im orientated toward.

But hey,I gig,I play,I get paid....

BACK ON TOPIC.

Personally I found BBC's comment funny. It reached my gutter humour. It is also blatantly crude, possibly not to everyone's taste.
I think the issue here is not this particular post but a culmination of his attempts to provoke a reaction (+ or -).
He's very good at baiting and casting and we are the hungry fish chomping away.
It's a forum, not the house of commons (we're actually better behaved!!) but it's also a community.
My suggestion to BBC? Keep the humour but think a little before you post and don't be too humble to retract

Guest TheBigBeefChief

"will people please stop replying to him... he might just give up then..." - Paul Cooke

Nah, trouble is - I like the sound of my own voice too much.

Guest TheBigBeefChief

"BBC im digging the new look, but im guessing the beret is not an attempt to appear more cultured" - thumb4bob

Its a Jazz thing.

Edited by TheBigBeefChief