Why become a member? ×

What cabs do you use with your Orange AD200b mk3

Jimelliottbassist

[quote name='Musicman20' post='1022952' date='Nov 13 2010, 10:08 PM']Aguilar DB212, or the Orange cabinets.

Id love a Berg NV412, but I just cant justify a MASSIVE cabinet like that.[/quote]

Hi mate!! Yeah i'm thinking a DB 212 aswell!! 4 OHMS!!! Using 2 GS112 nt 's at the mo sounds good, but would prefere one cab!

I have the AD200MK1 it has a little bit more headroom and output compared to the MK3.Also,the bass isn't as deep(very small difference)as the MK3.
I have tried a few cabs to hear if the Orange-sound is still there without orange-cabs.Here's what i found:Most of them do make it sound like Orange.

Except ,Ampeg SVT(classic)cabs,they don't work so well,they sound like Ampeg.
The cabs i tried that sounded the most similar to the Orange cabs was Peavey TVX 410 and 115.
EBS classic410 worked well.And ofcourse the Orange cabs.

You can use any kind of non colouring cabs and get the Orange to sound like it does.It's not the Orange cabs that makes the Orange sound,it's the head.
That's my experience anyway.

[quote name='Musicman20' post='1023039' date='Nov 14 2010, 12:27 AM']Good thing with the DB212 is it's one load in, comes with casters, and the amp head fits on it nicely. Plus it's cheaper than 2 x 112.

How you liking the amp?[/quote]

it's really nice! It's so much smoother and warmer sounding than any other amp! Very cool!

[quote name='~tl' post='1023173' date='Nov 14 2010, 09:21 AM']How about one of these? Hard to beat for the authentic sound:

[url="http://www.matamp.co.uk/Retro2x12.htm"]http://www.matamp.co.uk/Retro2x12.htm[/url][/quote]

That's exactly what I'm using...sounds great

[quote name='umcoo' post='1024714' date='Nov 15 2010, 03:08 PM']That's the Matamp 2x12 mentioned above. I picked it up directly from the factory in Meltham, near Huddersfield. A few folks have got one on the board (Tayste and others). Of course, the hardcore ones would spit at running an Orange through a Matamp cab :)[/quote]

it's poor taste to do so ;<