Why become a member? ×

What You Looking At?

Macko1968

I can't help but think that putting his BIN up to nearly 2k is really shooting himself in the foot to spite his face.

I watch quite a few things without bidding on them. If I sell something, I don't assume that every watcher is going to bid on it. You'd think that the seller (who IIRC has a feedback of over 500) would have been able to work that out by now.

[quote name='Macko1968' post='1021052' date='Nov 12 2010, 09:53 AM']How long before someone creates an eBay account, hits BiN, doesn't pay & leaves him to sort out getting the sellers fees back? Oh & a bit of negative feedback in to the bargain.[/quote]
I thought this was taking it too far to start with... but now he's put it up to 2K it would be sooooo worth it. :)

[quote name='tauzero' post='1021079' date='Nov 12 2010, 10:12 AM']I can't help but think that putting his BIN up to nearly 2k is really shooting himself in the foot to spite his face.

I watch quite a few things without bidding on them. If I sell something, I don't assume that every watcher is going to bid on it. You'd think that the seller (who IIRC has a feedback of over 500) would have been able to work that out by now.[/quote]

I've also watchlisted the bass :)

Just bought something non-bass on ebay (though made in Japan and from the 80s :)). The seller told me I was lucky to get it as there were 60 watchers. Hmmm...... I thought it was something to do with me deciding that I wanted one now and paying the going rate rather than waiting for a bargain.

I've sold my fair share of JapCrap on Ebay. Typically I might expect to get about 60 or 70 watchers on (say) a decent Les Paul copy, and in the last few hours of the auction watch a scrap between two (three if I'm lucky) different bidders. I always run low-start no reserve auctions but there are seldom more than ten different bidders, including all the sub £10 lowball chancers.

I watch loads of stuff, mostly just from curiosity, sometimes to gauge interest in something similar I want to sell - and very occasionally with a view to bidding myself. I don't get the impression I'm particularly odd in this.

It's really like this tit doesn't get how Ebay works at all.

J.