Why become a member? ×

TC electronics

dmccombe7

Anyone tried the new TC BH500 kit yet.
Lot cheaper than the classic. Is the quality both sound and reliability same. ?
How dooes it compare with likes of the RH450 classic.

I've been looking at both and also Markbass MIII or SA450 and any help would be appreciated.

I mainly play rock / blues with bands but love Prog Rock and jazz rock in my own time.

Currently using Warwick Thumb NT, Overwater 6 fretless and Jazz basses if that helps.

Current amps - Warwick profet iv and Ashdown cabs.

Thanks
Dave

Hi Dave,

I own an SA450 and it's a superb amp. Warm, full sounding... I play an old Fender P bass, a couple of hollowbodies and Lakland jazz basses and they all sound warm, fat and natural through this amp.

I used to use an LMII as well and that was a very warm sounding amp. The LMIII will be the same but improved!

All the best,

Steve

[quote name='dmccombe7' post='1020025' date='Nov 11 2010, 01:31 PM']Anyone tried the new TC BH500 kit yet.[/quote]

Strange this has not led to a discussion yet, very cheap amp, so if its good then wow

Musicman20 will know what every button can do with real depth of knowledge soon, im sure :)

Edited by lojo

I'm look to check out the cabs too so will be interested to see what opinions there are. The first shipment should arrive at the start of the December with TC stockists here. I'll probably be making a trip to Mark at Bass Direct when he gets some in and will report back.

Easy,

Jay.

[quote name='Clarky' post='1021899' date='Nov 12 2010, 08:26 PM']It's not launched in the UK yet so the only ones who could have tried it would be those attending trade shows or nonUK BCers if it's already launched elsewhere. Looks incredibly well spec'd for the £375 indicated UK price (eg at DV247)[/quote]
+1

Seems to be on sale now though on t'internet... Looks very good indeed for the money and I must say, I'm very tempted.. :)

[quote name='jmanfunk' post='1021904' date='Nov 12 2010, 08:35 PM']I'm look to check out the cabs too so will be interested to see what opinions there are. The first shipment should arrive at the start of the December with TC stockists here. I'll probably be making a trip to Mark at Bass Direct when he gets some in and will report back.[/quote]

any first hand experience of these would be much appreciated

[quote name='silverfoxnik' post='1021969' date='Nov 12 2010, 09:58 PM']I'm very tempted[/quote]

me too :)

just watching the videos on their website. What a nice, engaging guy!

Love the idea of a tube emulator and presets. Shame the presets don't seem to be footswitchable

Edited by rOB

Thanks for the replies so far.
Whoever tries first let me know what they think.

Same for the new matching cabs.

All seems a bit too good to be true.
Maybe once the first few cheap ones are sold they'll bump the price if goes well.

I'm still undecided on whether to go for the MARKBASS LMIII, SA450, TC Classic, TC BH500 or possible Genz Benz.
Xmas is looming so better make my mind up soon.

Cheers
Dave

Hey mate,

I played one of these today in Guitarguitar in Glasgow and I wa blown away! Check my sig to see the amps I've owned.

I have never, repeat NEVER played an amp that I can get this many sounds from! A solid 45 minute playtime! Had the HiFi EA sound, tubetone gave me plenty Ampeg Grunt!

I abed it next to a PJB Flightcase which sounded great but this thing could do that tone AND the rest!

I was most impressed by the compressor though! Just one control but so responsive!

Payday will be order day for me!

Connor

[quote name='ConnorHamilton' post='1022814' date='Nov 13 2010, 07:27 PM']Hey mate,

I played one of these today in Guitarguitar in Glasgow and I wa blown away! Check my sig to see the amps I've owned.

I have never, repeat NEVER played an amp that I can get this many sounds from! A solid 45 minute playtime! Had the HiFi EA sound, tubetone gave me plenty Ampeg Grunt!

I abed it next to a PJB Flightcase which sounded great but this thing could do that tone AND the rest!

I was most impressed by the compressor though! Just one control but so responsive!

Payday will be order day for me!

Connor[/quote]
Hi Conor
Was this the BH500 Head at circa £375 or the RH450

Very impressed with your enthusiasm - I could actually feel the excitement from you and it was in Glasgow.
I was in there last weekend but didn't see the BH500. Only the RH450.

Did you also try the new BH cabs ?

Let me know
Cheers
Dave

[quote name='dmccombe7' post='1022876' date='Nov 13 2010, 08:39 PM']Hi Conor
Was this the BH500 Head at circa £375 or the RH450

Very impressed with your enthusiasm - I could actually feel the excitement from you and it was in Glasgow.
I was in there last weekend but didn't see the BH500. Only the RH450.

Did you also try the new BH cabs ?

Let me know
Cheers
Dave[/quote]

Sorry mate, it was the BG500 2x10 combo! It had the punch of any high end cab I've tried/owned, but still a lovely lowend rumble!

Edit: and it was priced at £609!
The only other combo that was on my shortlist is the Epifani Epifunky 2x10 but seen as I'm not heading to London any time soon I won't be trying one and don't wanna blind buy it!

Connor

Edited by ConnorHamilton

[quote name='ConnorHamilton' post='1023093' date='Nov 14 2010, 02:55 AM']Sorry mate, it was the BG500 2x10 combo! It had the punch of any high end cab I've tried/owned, but still a lovely lowend rumble!

Edit: and it was priced at £609!
The only other combo that was on my shortlist is the Epifani Epifunky 2x10 but seen as I'm not heading to London any time soon I won't be trying one and don't wanna blind buy it!

Connor[/quote]
Thanks Connor
Keep me posted if you get the chance with the BH500.
The BG500 combo is a little too big to fit boot of my car.
Made the mistake of changing car and didn't give the hatchback to boot thing a second thought - what a t*ss*r I hear you say.
Ah well it was time to buy new amp / cabs anyway.

Cheers
Dave