Why become a member? ×

Hartke 4.5xl. £125.00

I'm selling my Hartke 4.5xl cab. It's a very nice, punchy sounding thing, but it weighs an absolute ton. It's not the kind of thing I really want to be humping around at my time of life. Also, it's more than I need for the function gigs I'm doing at the moment. I got it off ebay a few years ago, and the seller very kindly gave me a Hartke 3500 amp which needed repairing as part of the deal. The amp cost 75 quid to repair. It has now developed a problem where it distorts, even at low volume. It also needs the power socket replacing as the amp fell off the cab on a gig one night. Could be a cheap repair again, but couldn't say for certain. The cab has a few signs of wear, some of the corner protectors are broken, also the grill has the remnants of a previous owners name on it, but you can only see it if you look hard. It is a really nice sounding cab, though. I really liked the 5" speaker instead of a tweeter as it doesn't hiss like a tweeter does or have that horrible "clack". Wouldn't entertain posting because of it's weight so buyer would have to collect but it must be a bargain at £125.00!

Will take some photos and put them up in the next day or so.

Edited by SisterAbdullahX

[quote name='lemmywinks' post='1014912' date='Nov 7 2010, 12:25 AM']Great price, shouldn't be on sale for long i reckon!

If i lived closer i'd be tempted to buy it just because it's so cheap![/quote]

Cheers. Priced to sell. Got my eye on something smaller. I think this is a good price for the cab alone, but with the (albeit faulty) amp it's a very good price. Had plenty of nice comments on the sound of these two, and remember the likes of Will Lee, Jeff Andrews and Neil Stubenhaus were using this set up back in the day.

[quote name='LiamPodmore' post='1016874' date='Nov 8 2010, 08:29 PM']I would go for this but i have no money until christmas, if its still up for sale then you have a potential buyer right here.

Liam[/quote]

Cheers for the interest. I'm hoping the low price will help to move it on before Christmas as I need to finance another purchase but if it's still here you'd be welcome to it. Have some interest now though.

[quote name='SisterAbdullahX' post='1014910' date='Nov 7 2010, 12:20 AM']I'm selling my Hartke 4.5xl cab. It's a very nice, punchy sounding thing, but it weighs an absolute ton. It's not the kind of thing I really want to be humping around at my time of life. Also, it's more than I need for the function gigs I'm doing at the moment. I got it off ebay a few years ago, and the seller very kindly gave me a Hartke 3500 amp which needed repairing as part of the deal. The amp cost 75 quid to repair. It has now developed a problem where it distorts, even at low volume. It also needs the power socket replacing as the amp fell off the cab on a gig one night. Could be a cheap repair again, but couldn't say for certain. The cab has a few signs of wear, some of the corner protectors are broken, also the grill has the remnants of a previous owners name on it, but you can only see it if you look hard. It is a really nice sounding cab, though. I really liked the 5" speaker instead of a tweeter as it doesn't hiss like a tweeter does or have that horrible "clack". Wouldn't entertain posting because of it's weight so buyer would have to collect but it must be a bargain at £125.00!

Will take some photos and put them up in the next day or so.[/quote]

Somehow still here BUMP.

Having had both Hartke XL and Peavey TVX cabs, in my experience, the sound of the Hartke was more crisp - huge bottom end, but nice sparkling highs - very even performance over the whole tonal spectrum. The Peaveys I found to have a more low-mid presence. Both ranges very good tho.

This really is a serious bargain, someones gonna be hugely happy with this.

[quote name='Lozz196' post='1021271' date='Nov 12 2010, 12:26 PM']Having had both Hartke XL and Peavey TVX cabs, in my experience, the sound of the Hartke was more crisp - huge bottom end, but nice sparkling highs - very even performance over the whole tonal spectrum. The Peaveys I found to have a more low-mid presence. Both ranges very good tho.

This really is a serious bargain, someones gonna be hugely happy with this.[/quote]

Someone is if they buy it! Come on people, don't look this gift horse in the mouth! Friday bump.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

[quote name='Pointyperson' post='1061742' date='Dec 17 2010, 04:20 PM']Hiya!

Is this all still for sale??
Where in the UK are you??[/quote]

Yes, still up for sale, but I need to keep hold of it till after New Years Eve as I don't have a replacement sorted yet. I'm in Barnsley, South Yorkshire.

And sorry to those whose pm's I didn't reply to....

[quote name='SisterAbdullahX' post='1014910' date='Nov 7 2010, 12:20 AM']I'm selling my Hartke 4.5xl cab. It's a very nice, punchy sounding thing, but it weighs an absolute ton. It's not the kind of thing I really want to be humping around at my time of life. Also, it's more than I need for the function gigs I'm doing at the moment. I got it off ebay a few years ago, and the seller very kindly gave me a Hartke 3500 amp which needed repairing as part of the deal. The amp cost 75 quid to repair. It has now developed a problem where it distorts, even at low volume. It also needs the power socket replacing as the amp fell off the cab on a gig one night. Could be a cheap repair again, but couldn't say for certain. The cab has a few signs of wear, some of the corner protectors are broken, also the grill has the remnants of a previous owners name on it, but you can only see it if you look hard. It is a really nice sounding cab, though. I really liked the 5" speaker instead of a tweeter as it doesn't hiss like a tweeter does or have that horrible "clack". Wouldn't entertain posting because of it's weight so buyer would have to collect but it must be a bargain at £125.00!

Will take some photos and put them up in the next day or so.[/quote]

Bump.

Still here. Sorry to those who asked for pictures, but it's 125 quid, fer fecks sake! Including the amp!! Regarding the amp, I've used it at a Chrimbo residency over the last few weekends and it hasn't missed a beat. Never displayed any of the problems I mentioned in the original post, but that doesn't mean it won't happen again so it had to be pointed out. Obviously still needs the new mains socket, has a few scratches and knocks, as has the cab, but look at the price!