Why become a member? ×

Love this bass line

Mykesbass

[quote name='skej21' post='1007916' date='Oct 31 2010, 10:02 PM']oe Osborn played bass on this track I think - [url="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joe_Osborn"]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joe_Osborn[/url][/quote]
Yes, I'd agree very likely to be Joe Osborn, Fender Jazz bass, La Bella flats, played with a pick.

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='chris_b' post='1018547' date='Nov 10 2010, 10:59 AM']Paul Simon significantly upped the bar for singer songwriters with the Bookends album. The production values, playing and songs were miles ahead of anything else at the time. Plus he could write for Art Garfunkel’s fantastic voice.[/quote]

Great writer and musician - I love the One Trick Pony soundtrack.

[quote name='Telebass' post='1019385' date='Nov 10 2010, 09:36 PM']Although Joe Osborne does it all wrong for me, in terms of instrument/strings/technique (Jazz Bass/flats/pick), he's probably the guy I'd name as top personal influence.[/quote]
I always feel he's one of those session guys who manages to be in some way both simple and yet very creative at the same time.

[quote name='EssentialTension' post='1019421' date='Nov 10 2010, 10:06 PM']....I always feel he's one of those session guys who manages to be in some way both simple and yet very creative at the same time....[/quote]
+1

Until I found out he played one of my least favorite bass lines on Aquarius/Let the Sunshine In.

[quote name='chris_b' post='1019603' date='Nov 11 2010, 02:04 AM']+1

Until I found out he played one of my least favorite bass lines on Aquarius/Let the Sunshine In.[/quote]

Ouch, that's painful. Still, more than enough to make up for it. Worst bass lines from best players - now that could be a thread!