Why become a member? ×

New sexy little Ashdown combo?

Marky L

Not sure if anyone has seen this pic that Ashdown have seeded on Facebook. No info, just the pic, so what is it going to be? Some suggest a Fliptop. I'm guessing valve as per the LB due to the red cab grill as per the LB cab.. hmmm

Edited by Marky L

[quote name='Marky L' post='1006156' date='Oct 30 2010, 11:20 AM']Not sure if anyone has seen this pic that Ashdown have seeded on Facebook. No info, just the pic, so what is it going to be? Some suggest a Fliptop. I'm guessing valve as per the LB due to the red cab grill as per the LB cab.. hmmm

[/quote]

You mean this Ashdown LB 30 115H basically a little bastard fliptop with a 15" speaker. sounds like an amazing idea but like a original B15 portaflex not that portable due to them feeling as if they where made out of concrete. But I reckon the tone will be nirvana, UK made only I heard. Cool

[quote name='munkonthehill' post='1006862' date='Oct 31 2010, 12:21 AM']needless to say it will be small output for large retail price tag.

We will be seeing these on the for sale section on here in due course if they go on mass production just like the little bastard.

Save yourself the bother now and dont buy one.[/quote]

If it sounds good it might be useful for someone wanting a nice home/studio setup? They're definitely filling a niche with the small valve models.

[quote name='munkonthehill' post='1006862' date='Oct 31 2010, 12:21 AM']needless to say it will be small output for large retail price tag.

We will be seeing these on the for sale section on here in due course if they go on mass production just like the little bastard.

Save yourself the bother now and dont buy one.[/quote]
Hmmm ... wise words I think.

[quote name='MythSte' post='1006867' date='Oct 31 2010, 12:32 AM']If it sounds good it might be useful for someone wanting a nice home/studio setup? They're definitely filling a niche with the small valve models.[/quote]

Yeah I see where your coming from. But I really think folk will buy them cos they are new and cool.

Then after about a month of looking at it and using it in the house they realise that it serves no real use outside the home or recording studio. Then they will realise with all the recording or practice gear that could have been purchased at a fraction of the cost they have been done out a small fortune.

Then of course it will be the rush to try get them sold before everyone else realises or catches on that they aint of any real use.

My 50p of course folks.

[quote name='munkonthehill' post='1006883' date='Oct 30 2010, 11:55 PM']Yeah I see where your coming from. But I really think folk will buy them cos they are new and cool.

Then after about a month of looking at it and using it in the house they realise that it serves no real use outside the home or recording studio. Then they will realise with all the recording or practice gear that could have been purchased at a fraction of the cost they have been done out a small fortune.

Then of course it will be the rush to try get them sold before everyone else realises or catches on that they aint of any real use.

My 50p of course folks.[/quote]

The output of these is supprisingly mucho for a little amp the output is measured 30 watts at 20hz and not 1khz as most amps are measured these days, I.e well loud enough for me as its loud enough for stage monitoring and I would mike it out to main, to get the cool sound. But I agree totally it will be a home amp or for live studio recording. If you think about it, the LB head weighs 20Kg approx, and good 15" ferrite driver 20Kg combine it with the cab 10-15Kg it isnt that portable. I have an original B15 it was my dads, it has that amazing motown thump. But i reckon it weighs about 60Kg or more, Portaflex hehhe no!!! portable no, the only thing that will flex is your back when you lift it!

[quote name='Marky L' post='1006156' date='Oct 30 2010, 10:20 AM']Not sure if anyone has seen this pic that Ashdown have seeded on Facebook. No info, just the pic, so what is it going to be? Some suggest a Fliptop. I'm guessing valve as per the LB due to the red cab grill as per the LB cab.. hmmm

[/quote]

Who else is getting tired with the little bastard moniker on this amp series, great idea, sh*te name, I am not offended by it he he i am fairly liberal, but its so damm cheesy. Cant wait till they bring out their rock focused offering next year the w@@ker and their new wave fuzz pedal the c@@k maybe even a jazz eq pedal the cheesy h@@met

[quote name='dan670844' post='1007500' date='Oct 31 2010, 04:12 PM']Who else is getting tired with the little bastard moniker on this amp series, great idea, sh*te name, I am not offended by it he he i am fairly liberal, but its so damm cheesy. Cant wait till they bring out their rock focused offering next year the w@@ker and their new wave fuzz pedal the c@@k maybe even a jazz eq pedal the cheesy h@@met[/quote]

You do understand why the amp is called the little bastard?

The little bastard was the nickname of the Porsche 550 that belonged to James Dean, hence the red and chrome influence... If you know Ashdown they're all car mad and lots of their products are car influenced, im pretty sure they dont just try to think up possibly offensive names like you suggest...