Why become a member? ×

EBS Microbass II

niceguyhomer

I'm not sure if I want to sell this or not cos it's a truly fantastic piece of kit but I've got a new rig on the way and don't think I'll be needing it. It's only a couple of months old and believe it or not, it's never been stomped on or even seen a floor so it's brand spanking and still in the original box etc.

It's a great sounding preamp, a superb DI, it's great for practising with headphones (built in amp), two switchable channels, mute - oh FFS go and read all the glowing reviews - there's plenty of 'em.

It'll cost you £289 if you bought it from The Gallery but I haven't a clue what to ask for it so I'm going to invite offers and see what comes and it might make my mind up whether to sell it or not.

PM me if interested.

Edited by niceguyhomer

I'd just like to reinforce the usefulness and total quality of these.

If you don't know what they do (just about everything bar make you a bacon sarny in the morning) visit the EBS site and find out.

[url="http://www.ebs.bass.se/2007/microbass.htm"]http://www.ebs.bass.se/2007/microbass.htm[/url]

Peter

[quote name='owen' post='113637' date='Jan 4 2008, 05:06 PM']Let's face it, it cannot be that far away :)[/quote]
Heh heh... Al changes his gear more than I change my strings...which to be fair is every March whether they need it or not :huh:

[quote name='niceguyhomer' post='113696' date='Jan 4 2008, 06:56 PM']Who are you and who invited you onto my post? If you can't say something positive then kindly f*** off.[/quote]

I'm Owen and I wandered in uninvited. It was just a light comment. Did not mean any malice. Apologies if it seemed as if I did. My student is LOVING your GK 2x12. I am looking forward to trying it as well!

Thank you owen, and pardon my response but the first 3 or 4 times people posted light-hearted comments teasing me about how much gear I go through, I thought it was funny. The next 150 or so times, it was starting to get boring and lately all I want to do is track irritants down and break their legs.

I do go through a lot a gear but so do a lot of other people who remain quiet and keep their heads down. I don't have 20 basses like some people, I don't have exotic trophy basses gathering dust in the bedroom and I don't have a Precision for each day of the week. I'm in a busy band and new to bass and yes, I keep making mistakes when buying stuff.

I am learning about gear but I think I'm getting close to having what I like and need but I would love someone to explain to me why, I (and it seems like only me) have to endure these little digs every time I sell something?

[quote name='niceguyhomer' post='113908' date='Jan 5 2008, 07:42 AM']Thank you owen, and pardon my response but the first 3 or 4 times people posted light-hearted comments teasing me about how much gear I go through, I thought it was funny. The next 150 or so times, it was starting to get boring and lately all I want to do is track irritants down and break their legs.

I do go through a lot a gear but so do a lot of other people who remain quiet and keep their heads down. I don't have 20 basses like some people, I don't have exotic trophy basses gathering dust in the bedroom and I don't have a Precision for each day of the week. I'm in a busy band and new to bass and yes, I keep making mistakes when buying stuff.

I am learning about gear but I think I'm getting close to having what I like and need but I would love someone to explain to me why, I (and it seems like only me) have to endure these little digs every time I sell something?[/quote]

I think we are all entitled to be miffed if folks criticise how we spend our hard earned cash.
Having the balls to admit a mistake and move on quickly before too much depreciation seems to make sense to me.
Also posting these gear changes/ improvements helps us all to make more informed decisions.
By the way I'm keeping my head down for now!!!

Cheers Al

[quote name='GreeneKing' post='113958' date='Jan 5 2008, 11:34 AM']I think that's the whole point of the thread Stu :)

Bumpety bump[/quote]

Yeah.... but you wouldn't have guessed it from the amount of handbags at dawn that went down.... :huh:

Well it's sold now.. Hu-Rahhhh