Why become a member? ×

Tecamp 8 ohm

patch006

Hi all,

This is already in the wanted items section but thought it would get a little bit more exposure here!!

Has anyone got a 8ohm Tecamp cab that they wouldn't mind moving on? Looking for one to go with my 212 combo.
What speaker configuration would best suit as a extension cab to go along with the 2x12, I'm thinking a 15".

Another little question! if I am able to get hold of a 4ohm cab, would it be possible to get it rewired in to a 8ohm? sorry if this is a dumb question but I have no idea.

Edited by patch006

[quote name='patch006' post='985451' date='Oct 12 2010, 10:24 AM']Hi all,

This is already in the wanted items section but thought it would get a little bit more exposure here!!

Has anyone got a 8ohm Tecamp cab that they wouldn't mind moving on? Looking for one to go with my 212 combo.
What speaker configuration would best suit as a extension cab to go along with the 2x12, I'm thinking a 15".

Another little question! if[b] I am able to get hold of a 4ohm cab, [/b]would it be possible to get it rewired in to a 8ohm? sorry if this is a dumb question but I have no idea.[/quote]

A 4ohm 2x12 cab will be 2 8ohm cones in parallel - in series they would be 16ohms: there is no way to get 2 8ohm cones to present a total 8ohms. (well you could wire in a sh*t load of resistors as speaker faking loads, but what's the point?)

Of course any single cone cab will only have the natural rating of the cone, so you can't change that either.