Why become a member? ×

Fender Jazz Bass Re '75 Made in USA

muya

Hi folks,
for sale here's a Fender Jazz Bass Reissue 75 Made in USA. Ash body and maple fingerboard, with black blocks and binding.
Included all the original accessories: neck strap, ashtrays, cable, manteinance wrenches and hard case of course.
Its conditions are great, perfect, not a scratch, not a mark, both in woods and hardware.

All the pictures are [url="http://www.flickr.com/photos/14222686@N00/sets/72157603593740585/"]HERE[/url]

[b]Looking for 1100£ or around[/b]
Shipping from Italy should be about 40£, I don't remember how much I spent the last time.

Questions and requests are welcome!

Edited by muya

[quote name='Rumble' post='111722' date='Jan 1 2008, 08:59 AM']Tell me if I'm wrong guys, but haven't these been going for £700-£800 at most on e-bay?

Nice bass and a happy new year![/quote]

Yes, as said above, the asking price is optimistic, to say the least.

[quote name='Rumble' post='111722' date='Jan 1 2008, 08:59 AM']Tell me if I'm wrong guys, but haven't these been going for £700-£800 at most on e-bay?

Nice bass and a happy new year![/quote]
You're not wrong and personally, I find it a bit much that people come on selling stuff at this time of the year that's overpriced and their post isn't even prefaced with any kind of pleasantries or season's greeting.. Let alone not contributing anything else to the good life of this forum at all..

Sorry - Just makes me cross!! :)

New Year rant over! :huh:

[quote name='silverfoxnik' post='111766' date='Jan 1 2008, 12:55 PM']You're not wrong and personally, I find it a bit much that people come on selling stuff at this time of the year that's overpriced and their post isn't even prefaced with any kind of pleasantries or season's greeting.. Let alone not contributing anything else to the good life of this forum at all..

Sorry - Just makes me cross!! :)

New Year rant over! :huh:[/quote]

have to agree mate.

[quote name='OutToPlayJazz' post='111742' date='Jan 1 2008, 11:28 AM']The ones at £7-800 are usually the Japanese ones, like on Guitar Emporium. The USA 75 does retail around 11-1200. I'd say £900 would be fair for this USA if it's a minter.[/quote]

Hmmm, are these prices for new? I've seen some nice used CIJ '75 RI's in the £500-£600 region. They're on my list of potential purchases.

[quote name='Rumble' post='111822' date='Jan 1 2008, 03:20 PM']Hmmm, are these prices for new? I've seen some nice used CIJ '75 RI's in the £500-£600 region. They're on my list of potential purchases.[/quote]

You're right, £550 will get you a '75 RI, maybe less...

I mean, it's a buyers market at the moment for sure.

As I expected, everyone here looks for the retail price mostly wants to see.
Last time my Lakland DJ5 was for sale, the best retail price was the Bass Centre's one....ok, Bass Centre sells this blonde chunk of wood for 1400£, The Bass Gallery for 1500£, I'm selling for 300£ or more less than the smallest price I've written below and it's a mint condition bass. Here, the street price for this bass is 1500€, someone sells it for 1600€, someone for 1300€.

[b]@Rumble:[/b] blessed be the day you will finish to compare street prices with eBay prices. I bought a NEW Lowepro Toploader camera bag for 30€ last week (who cares about photography here knows what I'm talking about) ...I would ask to pay the same price for a used one. eBay is also a matter of luck. :huh:

Bump, by the way.

Ah, Happy New Year.
This isn't a post without NY greetings anymore....maybe it's still a post for an overpriced bass, who knows :)

[quote name='muya' post='111961' date='Jan 1 2008, 08:17 PM']As I expected, everyone here looks for the retail price mostly wants to see.
Last time my Lakland DJ5 was for sale, the best retail price was the Bass Centre's one....ok, Bass Centre sells this blonde chunk of wood for 1400£, The Bass Gallery for 1500£, I'm selling for 300£ or more less than the smallest price I've written below and it's a mint condition bass. Here, the street price for this bass is 1500€, someone sells it for 1600€, someone for 1300€.

[b]@Rumble:[/b] blessed be the day you will finish to compare street prices with eBay prices. I bought a NEW Lowepro Toploader camera bag for 30€ last week (who cares about photography here knows what I'm talking about) ...I would ask to pay the same price for a used one. eBay is also a matter of luck. :huh:

Bump, by the way.

Ah, Happy New Year.
This isn't a post without NY greetings anymore....maybe it's still a post for an overpriced bass, who knows :)[/quote]

Right on dude :huh: (???)

[quote name='muya' post='111961' date='Jan 1 2008, 08:17 PM'][b]@Rumble:[/b] blessed be the day you will finish to compare street prices with eBay prices. I bought a NEW Lowepro Toploader camera bag for 30€ last week (who cares about photography here knows what I'm talking about) ...I would ask to pay the same price for a used one. eBay is also a matter of luck. :)[/quote]

@Muya - the point here is that, as is often the case, the lowest common denominator dictates a great deal. Unfortunately, in this day and age if I want to sell my bass I can't simply base my asking price on what the store down the road will sell it for. That's just not how it works. Sure, there will always be those who wish to avoid e-bay like the plague and that is their call. However, whether you think it's a good thing or not, those wishing to sell a bass for £x00's more than it can be found on one of the leading/most popular (like it or not) market places will usually (notice I didn't say always) struggle. :huh:

Good luck with the sale.

Rumble, everytime I sold a bass I based my price on 2 points:
1) what's the street used price
2) how much I paid for it and how low can I tolerate to go

Of course I know I can't have any chance to a deal if my price is 100£ lower than a retail's (and it happened with the DJ5, but the Bass Centre had a veeery low price at that time). I also know that eBay is always (notice I didn't say usually) the last place where you want to sell a bass if you didn't sell it before in other ways/places.
Please agree with me when I say we won't never match our ebay points of view :huh:

[quote name='David Nimrod' post='111964' date='Jan 1 2008, 09:19 PM']Right on dude :huh: (???)[/quote]
I never felt such hot support since I fought George Foreman in Kinshasa. Thanks David :)

[quote name='muya' post='111961' date='Jan 1 2008, 08:17 PM']Bass Centre sells this blonde chunk of wood for 1400£, The Bass Gallery for 1500£, I'm selling for 300£ or more less than the smallest price I've written below and it's a mint condition bass.[/quote]
Hmm...not sure it quite works like that. Shops charge more because they sell brand new stuff with sales tax and have overheads. You're a private seller, selling something second-hand.

Good luck with the sale though.

Good luck with the sale:

[url="http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/fender-american-75/8162"]http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/fender-american-75/8162[/url]

and that's before haggling the price with a handful of cash.

Hamster

[quote name='Hamster' post='112023' date='Jan 1 2008, 10:28 PM']Good luck with the sale:

[url="http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/fender-american-75/8162"]http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/fender-american-75/8162[/url]

and that's before haggling the price with a handful of cash.

Hamster[/quote]
Good point!

I think the price is a bit optimistic. Fair enough, the guy paid a lot for it and wants a decent return for it, but no one's gonna pay that much for something that they can get new for a similar price, or for a few hundred quid less if they're aren't bothered about buying new. It's £40 for shipping too, whereas loads of shops do free delivery, and you can post a bass yourself if you're selling privately for about £10-15. Also trying to flog you're gear on a forum with your first post isn't cool either.

[quote name='muya' post='112005' date='Jan 1 2008, 09:44 PM']Please agree with me when I say we won't never match our ebay points of view :)[/quote]

I think that's safe to say :huh:

I'd much rather sell all my gear on here, but it's not always possible. Good prices will usually help though. Most of the other contributors to this thread have supported this point.

I've owned a couple of these beasts in the past few years and can safely say that those suggesting SH prices around the £700-£800 mark aren't far off 'cause that's about what I paid for mine and what I was able to sell them for too.

That having been said, it does always bug me a bit when I see these kinda feeding frenzies about pricing, no matter how well intentioned those pointing out the issue may be. My thoughts are that unless you're intending to buy it at the price you think it's worth, best leave alone or at worst make your point in private to the seller.

At the end of the day market forces will prevail irrespective of the discussion, if someone is happy to pay the asking price then what's the problem for the rest of us and if no one is prepared to pay, the bass is still the seller's and again, what's the problem for the rest of us? All that having a public debate does is put the seller at the disadvantage of having their integrity publicly called into question.

No offence meant to anyone, it's just my opinion.