Why become a member? ×

MUsicman Stingray with Fretless Status Graphite Neck SOLD

P-T-P

I've decided to sell a couple of basses which aren't really getting a look-in from me to see if I can turn them into someting I'll get more enjoyment from.

The first is a Musicman Stingray with Status Graphite unlined fretless neck. The second is a Fender Japan 62 RI Jazz which is now sold pending the usual.

[attachment=4716:001.jpg] [attachment=4717:002.jpg]
[attachment=4718:003.jpg] [attachment=4719:004.jpg]
[attachment=4720:005.jpg] [attachment=4721:006.jpg]

The Stignray has been tastefully modified. Originally it was a 3-band EQ model and along with the unbelievably great Status neck it also features a Seymour Duncan Basslines pick-up and SD 3 band EQ. The controls are therefore push-pull volume (coil tap), mid cut/boost and then stacked bass/treble cut/boost. The jack input is now on the control plate however the original side-mounted jack socket/plate is still on the bass so you could easily switch back to standard MMan set-up if you'd prefer.

The finish is, as you can see, just beautiful, though there are a few dings here and there. The neck is perfect, I can't begin to say how good it is... low action, solid as a rock, great feel in your hands etc. and the whole package sings like a bird at the dusty end and snarls like a beast at the bottom end. It's currently sporting a brand new set of Thomastik flatwounds and has had a set-up done.

I just have no use for it other than home playing as there's no place for it in current band set-up other than for a song or two here and there and I don't want to carry three basses to a gig so I'd like to get as much as possible of the £600 I have invested in it turned into something more useful.

The jazz is sold

I'm looking for trade/part-ex deals on these ideally (cash either way depending on what you've got).

Ideally looking for Lakland JO5, DJ5, 55-01/02 or possibly JO4, DJ4 BG or DD. Could go for a Stingray 5 or possibly 4, nice US jazz or precision (preferably maple board on these though). Maybe a Warwick, any other interesting offers.

Failing that, I suppose cash is always good so offers around £600 for the Ray.

PM me or e-mail to pete at peteward dot co dot uk or call me on 07851 671773.

Edited by P-T-P

Bump for the weekend. Had some interest in both basses but not yet close to a deal.

I'm happy to take PayPal if you'll cover the fees (and have a verified account). I'm also happy to meet half way and complete any deal for a little fuel money.

Don't be shy, these are two very different but each is great at what they do and the proce on the 'Ray is a pretty good one when you consider most sellers look for over the £750 mark for a SH one.

All trades considered, could probably find a use for a decent home studio mixer with hard drive and CD burner. Don't really need any FX but could be interested in some MarkBass gear, combo or seperates. Also whatever basses of interest you might have to offer.

just to say,if this is the Duncan STC 3M preamp the push/pull activates their "slap switch". theres a couple of trim pots on the pre amp board for bass boost and mid cut. going between the 2 sounds works great.

BUMP for a great looking/featured StingRay

It's a stunner - and the changes/upgrades are perfect for me.

Sadly I already have a Shuker fretless that's midway through a few changes itself , making it unsaleable to raise funds for this one. If it wasn't for that, this would have been mine weeks ago.

I sincerly hope it stays amongst the BC community giving me a chance to maybe aquire it at some future point.