Why become a member? ×

ACG Recurve 5 fretless

BottomEndian

[quote name='pantherairsoft' post='974682' date='Oct 1 2010, 10:46 PM']Do I need to add an ACG to my growing collection….?[/quote]
Yes. No home should be without one.

Incidentally, Mrs Endian has taken it upon herself to name this bass Cosette. :lol: Each to their own. She made comment about the "racy curves". :)

[quote name='BottomEndian' post='974685' date='Oct 1 2010, 10:51 PM']Yes. No home should be without one.

Incidentally, Mrs Endian has taken it upon herself to name this bass Cosette. :lol: Each to their own. She made comment about the "racy curves". :)[/quote]

Maybe. Maybe.

Cosette? Not Corset being your talking racy and curves….?

[quote name='pantherairsoft' post='974715' date='Oct 1 2010, 11:20 PM']Cosette?[/quote]
Cosette as in Euphrasie Fauchelevent from [i]Les Misérables[/i]. Yes, my wife's much better read than me. :)

(She was using the racy curves to force a lady's name on the bass. I was going more for Gary or Steve.)

[quote name='BottomEndian' post='974718' date='Oct 1 2010, 11:25 PM']Cosette as in Euphrasie Fauchelevent from [i]Les Misérables[/i]. Yes, my wife's much better read than me. :)

(She was using the racy curves to force a lady's name on the bass. I was going more for Gary or Steve.)[/quote]

Or Bernard

[b]Owain[/b], those look amazing!
Cracking work dude :)

How's the bass settling in then?

[b]Shep[/b], Owain is right, every home needs at least one ACG, I've personally got about 4 extra specced up, just need to work out some way to pay for them now...

Eude

[quote name='niceguyhomer' post='974833' date='Oct 2 2010, 11:21 AM']Utterly gorgeous - Alan makes superb fretless basses. :)[/quote]
From what I've seen, Alan makes superb fretted basses too. :) There's a large part of me that wants to get a matching fretted bass. When funds allow...

[quote name='eude' post='975090' date='Oct 2 2010, 04:08 PM'][b]Owain[/b], those look amazing!
Cracking work dude :lol:

How's the bass settling in then?[/quote]
Thanks, Ewan. It feels utterly at home already. It's like the Skelf's svelte, slick cousin. Everything's familiar, but enough's different to give it a real frisson of novelty and excitement.

[quote name='BassBod' post='975409' date='Oct 2 2010, 08:56 PM']Sound clips??[/quote]
Eventually. There's a very rough comparison clip (Recurve vs chambered Skelf, just piezo tone) [url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?s=&showtopic=61632&view=findpost&p=973819"]in this post in the build thread[/url], but it's not pleasant or musical. It's intended more as a semi-scientific test. I want to sit down and record something reasonable, but time's a bit tight at the moment.