Why become a member? ×

sounds great music?

umcoo

hello friends! I'm looking at buying a Pedaltrain pedalboard and see these seems to be one of the main dealers in the country. Has anyone bought from them before over the internet and if so, how was it? I tried to buy a pedal from there a few weeks back and just got an email saying it was now discontinued! Oh well!

Whilst we're on about it...would it be better to buy here or order from the states?

Thanks folks!

This is a great store and one of the very few I have any faith in. I bought a Pedaltrain from them some time ago and have been very satisfied. The only downside, if there is one with this store, is that the bass selection is a little limited. They do have some decent second hand stuff as well as some some MarkBass equipment which I've never seen anywhere else. The staff are always helpful and polite and you do get the impression it's an independent family firm so custom is important. If you like acoustic guitars, which I do then upstairs is acoustic guitar heaven with some models from custom builders.

I'm not on their payroll but it makes a refreshing change from the indifferent service you get at the likes of Sound Control.

[quote name='ednaplate' post='110869' date='Dec 30 2007, 10:52 AM']This is a great store and one of the very few I have any faith in. I bought a Pedaltrain from them some time ago and have been very satisfied. The only downside, if there is one with this store, is that the bass selection is a little limited. They do have some decent second hand stuff as well as some some MarkBass equipment which I've never seen anywhere else. The staff are always helpful and polite and you do get the impression it's an independent family firm so custom is important. If you like acoustic guitars, which I do then upstairs is acoustic guitar heaven with some models from custom builders.

I'm not on their payroll but it makes a refreshing change from the indifferent service you get at the likes of Sound Control.[/quote]

Not bought anything from them for a few years, but I've been going on and off for the last 25 years. I can vouch for the service being of a family feel rather than a big corporate feel.

[quote name='ednaplate' post='110869' date='Dec 30 2007, 10:52 AM']This is a great store and one of the very few I have any faith in. I bought a Pedaltrain from them some time ago and have been very satisfied. The only downside, if there is one with this store, is that the bass selection is a little limited. They do have some decent second hand stuff as well as some some MarkBass equipment which I've never seen anywhere else. The staff are always helpful and polite and you do get the impression it's an independent family firm so custom is important. If you like acoustic guitars, which I do then upstairs is acoustic guitar heaven with some models from custom builders.

I'm not on their payroll but it makes a refreshing change from the indifferent service you get at the likes of Sound Control.[/quote]

MB1. :)
Yes!...... Last time i was there,somebody stole my car and i got shot at! :huh:

• 2 months later...

I brought my Sandberg and Tacoma acoustic from them. Great place.

Apparantly they're going to increase the bass range. Been in this morning and there's already a third more basses there than normal. Quite a nice 78 F Jazz there.

MB1 - You don't get shot at in Heald Green it's posh!!

The bass corner has been improved a lot recently, more basses and amps, Markbass, Sandberg, Musicman etc. It's still predominantly a guitar shop, and [i]easily[/i] the best one in the north west, but they're definately getting more bass gear in too now. Top place, my favourite shop too, and only 5 mins round the corner.

I went yesterday and was a bit surprised to see a Korg Pandora PX4D for £115. When I asked if that was a mistake I was told that it wasn't and if they sold it any cheaper they'd be making a loss. There was no answer when I told him Sound Contol had 'em on the website for £79.99 and Soundlive were selling 'em for £89. I would have met them in the middle but there was no having it.

That said, it's still a bloody good shop.