Why become a member? ×

2010 Musicman Sterling 4

Bassdude BE

2010 Musicman Sterling 4

another try to sell, no trades pls, i already know what bass i want..

Mint condition Musicman Sterling 4 string in transparent red with maple neck.
bought new on april 7th 2010!

comes with original Musicman case, waranty papers ,etc.

selling this as new for 940£

only reason for selling: gas for high-end superlightweight modulus

sound and feel: like Stingray, only faster ,lighter and better!!! :)

any questions please ask,
greetz

Edited by Bassdude BE

Thanks! :)

I'm really loving this bass right now, but i had the chance to play a modulus bass in the local shop today
and the neck fitted the fast playing style of my new band perfectly,
if i had loads of money i would buy the Modulus and keep the sterling as well since the Modulus had a really nice neck ,but also had a more sterile sound than the Musicman,
but since i already had to save up for almost a year just to be able to buy this one i guess that's not an option... :lol:

New price is a lot higher + this is a very rare and beautifull finish,
but if you think the price is to high; i'm open to other offers, no one ever died from asking! :)

Hope this moves before that fleabass i'm after is sold though, otherwise there's no reason to sell it anymore...

ow yes..BUMP!

Edited by Bassdude BE

Having recently purchased a second hand one of these recently from here, I can certainly vouch for the lighter and faster aspect of this bass - at my first band rehearsal with one of these I was amazed at how easy and comfortable it was to play on. I used to play a Squier VM Jazz, and although it is an extremely good bass for its price, I was gobsmacked on how the Sterling not only had a better quality tone (well it is active), but the neck is just sublime to play on in comparison to the Jazz, and when I went back to playing on the Jazz, it felt cumbersome and uncomfortable.

[quote name='Bassdude BE' post='966314' date='Sep 24 2010, 02:06 AM']Thanks! :)

I'm really loving this bass right now, but i had the chance to play a modulus bass in the local shop today
and the neck fitted the fast playing style of my new band perfectly,
if i had loads of money i would buy the Modulus and keep the sterling as well since the Modulus had a really nice neck ,but also had a more sterile sound than the Musicman,
but since i already had to save up for almost a year just to be able to buy this one i guess that's not an option... :lol:[/quote]

I own both of these basses and whilst I love the Flea because of the neck and the weight of the body, I think the Sterling has much more personality and grit in its tone, and for that reason it's the bass I always come back to in the end.

If buying a Flea is your reason for selling, I would keep the Sterling personally,

[quote name='Rowbee' post='968510' date='Sep 26 2010, 04:18 PM']I own both of these basses and whilst I love the Flea because of the neck and the weight of the body, I think the Sterling has much more personality and grit in its tone, and for that reason it's the bass I always come back to in the end.

If buying a Flea is your reason for selling, I would keep the Sterling personally,[/quote]

+1

[i]QUOTE (Rowbee @ Sep 26 2010, 04:18 PM)
I own both of these basses and whilst I love the Flea because of the neck and the weight of the body, I think the Sterling has much more personality and grit in its tone, and for that reason it's the bass I always come back to in the end.

If buying a Flea is your reason for selling, I would keep the Sterling personally.[/i]

I agree with you on that & i know i will definately miss this one when it is gone,
but it's really the carbon neck and also the lightweight of the modulus that i'm after, because i have to go to rehearsels by public transport from now one ,
now i lost my drivers license for speeding with my motorcycle...

so after trading in my EBS 3/4 stack for a compact and lightweight TC electronic combo (+ extra 210 for gigs)
i'm hoping to get an even lighter set-up by trading in my musicman for a modulus...

and when you have to go to two different rehearsal locations every week (1 of them at the other end of the country) weight and portability becomes a very important factor! ...

also with all that moving around in mind i don't want to use my musicman for those rehearsals because i'm afraid al that travelling might do the neck of the bass no good,
while the modulus has a carbon fibre neck so that's again one less thing to worry about when dragging my gear around the country ...

So far the musicman has never left the house , the neck is straight as an arrow and i would preffer to keep it that way! :)

Edited by Bassdude BE

[quote name='funkyspuke' post='969081' date='Sep 27 2010, 08:09 AM']I have a modulus flea bass up for sale/trade and would be looking for something like this in trade :lol:[/quote]

Love the Modulus!
just not really loving the silver sparkle finish right now... :)

Edited by Bassdude BE

[quote name='Bassdude BE' post='969597' date='Sep 27 2010, 03:53 PM']Love the Modulus!
just not really loving the silver sparkle finish right now... :)[/quote]

Hell, I love the sparkle finish ones. Mine is a tobacco sunburst but I'd love a sparkle one, particularly the blue or purple!

[quote name='Rowbee' post='972128' date='Sep 29 2010, 10:51 PM']Hell, I love the sparkle finish ones. Mine is a tobacco sunburst but I'd love a sparkle one, particularly the blue or purple![/quote]

just black ,grey or naturel for me please... :)

Edited by Bassdude BE