Why become a member? ×

Get that Muse sound for not much dosh! New Price drop £250

King Tut

OK - here's your chance to get a piece of that lovely Muse tone without having to fork out for a whole stack!

For sale is Marshall 72410 - 4 x 10 combo in IMMACULATE condition. The cab part of this combo is rated at 4 ohms so you get the full 200 Watts. This amp series is unusual because the power supply is set up so that peak power is reportedly 10 times the RMS rating - unlike conventional amps where it's usually around double (please be gentle with me on this - tech heads - it's how I understand it!)

It features a blendable tube/solid state front end, graphic and on board compressor - see the link and pics for more info.

More info can be found here: [url="http://www.marshallamps.com/downloads/files/DBS%20Combos%20hbk%20Eng.pdf"]http://www.marshallamps.com/downloads/file...20hbk%20Eng.pdf[/url]

This combo has been sitting round a mate's place unused for a few years - consequently it's in 'as new' condition. It had a few crackly pots when I got it, but I've taken the head out and cleaned all the pots and jack sockets so now is fine. It comes with a nice padded cover that looks like it's made to fit the combo.

The only reason I'm selling this is because it's a bit big for my needs - I usually have to transport the PA as well as my bass rig - being the singer, and I can't fit it all in with this thing!!

Here's the pics:

Looking for [s]£350[/s] [b]£250[/b] firm collected from Milton Keynes - no trades please - I need to downsize!

Thanks for looking,

Col

Edited by King Tut

[quote name='JTUK' post='962551' date='Sep 20 2010, 07:02 PM']not knocking the sale or anything as it seems a reasonable ask to me

but...what Muse sound would that be...? just curious as it seems very heavily affected to me and the amp chain seems irrelevant

just sayin'[/quote]

Thanks for that JTUK. You're probably right. OK folks - I'm not gonna bother to edit it - but if you really want the Muse sound you need to buy shedloads of effects and be able to play as well as Chris Wolstenhome.

Please note - buying this cab WILL NOT make you sound like Chris.

Is everybody clear on that?

Sorry mate you caught me on a bad day! :)

[quote name='JTUK' post='962551' date='Sep 20 2010, 07:02 PM']not knocking the sale or anything as it seems a reasonable ask to me

but...what Muse sound would that be...? just curious as it seems very heavily affected to me and the amp chain seems irrelevant

just sayin'[/quote]

He uses these amps I think...

[quote name='Lozz196' post='967541' date='Sep 25 2010, 01:18 PM']Great amps these - I`ve the 400 watt head, and its amazing, so powerful and full sounding.

The price of this makes it a real bargain, someone snap this up![/quote]

Sure you don't need a backup Loz - I can bring it to The Pitz next time you play there!!??

[quote name='Lozz196' post='967809' date='Sep 25 2010, 05:15 PM']I`ve been so tempted by this Col, its only the complete lack of any cash at all that is stopping me.

Even had to sell 2 basses recently, it had got that bad, so def no money for GAS at present :)[/quote]

Partial trade for your Black/Maple/ Black P??

[quote name='Lozz196' post='967874' date='Sep 25 2010, 06:44 PM']Thats my newest bass, so wouldn`t have done that any way, yr accumulation is safe.![/quote]

Would've looked the part in our Floyd tribute. By the way, you guys are well thought of in MK!

[quote name='Lozz196' post='967961' date='Sep 25 2010, 08:51 PM']Yes, very Roger Waters I suppose.

Cheers for that, btw, we love playing MK, always seem to have good gigs there. Will be along to The Crauford on Oct 9th to see you guys.[/quote]

Oh cool - say hi!

• 4 weeks later...

Ah yeah i totally forgot about that, got lost amongst a few others i had that day. I don't drive so collection could be an issue, particularly with the weight of this thing! If you can think of anything let me know :)