Why become a member? ×

SOLD Valenti J4 #003 SOLD

tayste_2000

Testing the water I've had this bass for quite a while and I'm the original owner, it's in good condition with a bit of buckle rash on the back.

Basically as beautiful and great to play as it is, I'm just not a jazz bass guy, I'm not really a traditional bass guy at all. I just want to set my self up with 4 Overwaters and my Rickenbacker and be done.

Stock Pics

Specs:
Full Sized Alder Body
Maple Neck w/Pau Ferro Fretboard
Inca Silver w/matching headstock
Satin Finish on Neck
White/Black/white pickguard
Nordstrand NJ4 single coil pickups
Aguilar OBP-1 2 band Preamp
Hipshot HB-1 Tuning Keys
Gotoh Quick Release Bridge w/Hipshot d-tuner
Chrome Hardware
Contoured heel for easier access to the upper frets
Schaller Straplocks

Additionally it is wired with a Vintage Tone Control that works in both active and passive mode (push pull on the tone for active and passive) and a series and parallel switch on the volume knob. So to sumise the controls are Master Vol (Push/Pull Series/Parallel), Blend (Wired in reverse like Sadowsky), Tone (Push/Pull Active/Passive), Stack Bass and Treble boost. It also has a fishman voltage doubler so the preamp is running on 18v from a single battery.

Now I'm not desperate to sell, nor will I take a hit on my asking price and I may just replace the pickups (To custom bulldog pickups) to get a different vibe from it altogether.

£800

Cheers

Edited by tayste_2000

[quote name='funkyspuke' post='962451' date='Sep 20 2010, 05:29 PM']wow .. oh, how I would love another bass!

I have a Sadowsky MV4 and I would never just want another bass that sounded and performed the same, so the question would be, is there much difference between the 2?[/quote]

Personally this is the best jazz bass I've tried full stop and that includes over the 2 USA Sadowsky's I've tried, however it is heavier than the USA Sadowsky's it's pretty much bang on 5kg's

[quote name='tayste_2000' post='962839' date='Sep 20 2010, 11:25 PM']Personally this is the best jazz bass I've tried full stop and that includes over the 2 USA Sadowsky's I've tried, however it is heavier than the USA Sadowsky's it's pretty much bang on 5kg's[/quote]

that's about 2lbs heavies than my metro .. could possibly live with that! but there is another Valenti on sale now as well!

too much choice!!

[quote name='funkyspuke' post='962842' date='Sep 20 2010, 11:32 PM']that's about 2lbs heavies than my metro .. could possibly live with that! but there is another Valenti on sale now as well!

too much choice!![/quote]

The other Valenti will be closer to your Sadowsky in shape mine is the more traditional chunky fender design.

Also the red one is in better condition than mine, mainly as it just seems to get passed around :)

For the money his is the better buy and just to be clear I won't be price matching :lol: I'm not Tesco's :rolleyes:

[quote name='tayste_2000' post='962854' date='Sep 21 2010, 12:00 AM']The other Valenti will be closer to your Sadowsky in shape mine is the more traditional chunky fender design.

Also the red one is in better condition than mine, mainly as it just seems to get passed around :)

For the money his is the better buy and just to be clear I won't be price matching :lol: I'm not Tesco's :rolleyes:[/quote]

haha!!

you'd be a rubbish sales man! :o

[quote name='tayste_2000' post='962854' date='Sep 21 2010, 12:00 AM']The other Valenti will be closer to your Sadowsky in shape mine is the more traditional chunky fender design.

For the money his is the better buy and just to be clear I won't be price matching :lol: I'm not Tesco's :rolleyes:[/quote]

crap, I forgot you had this up here, I would have waited till it sold until I put mine up. sorry
I think yours is a good price though. If I hadn't just realised I didn't want a active jazz, I would be tempted!
Your one has the detuner and the vintage tone control too.

So if you want a valenti (which you do) it's more a question of whats your favourite colour!

[quote name='funkyspuke' post='962856' date='Sep 21 2010, 12:02 AM']haha!!

you'd be a rubbish sales man! :o[/quote]

:)

That Valenti due to being passed around a fair bit on the board or at least put up for sale has had the price hammered down :rolleyes: so it's far more bass than the asking price, it's true I've tried to pick it up myself in the past and at the moment with the g/f in my ear about how ugly she thinks my Overwater's are :lol: I may very well be keeping it and gettting the pickups changed to Bulldogs as I originally planned.

They are basically 2 prime examples of 2 totally different periods in Valenti's building practices, mine is Warmoth parts the other is USAGC or something which are the same people who allegedly supply Sadowsky.

[quote name='tayste_2000' post='962870' date='Sep 21 2010, 12:23 AM']They are basically 2 prime examples of 2 totally different periods in Valenti's building practices, mine is Warmoth parts the other is USAGC or something which are the same people who [b][i]allegedly[/i][/b] supply Sadowsky.[/quote]

allegedly, but we do know they are both built by a fella who's day job is building sadowskys.... you could buy them both for less than a new sadowsky in guitar guitar.
Except thats a metro-are they different?