Why become a member? ×

The Ultimate Modulus Flea **DEAL Done**

Marcus

Hi Guys,

I was going to be playing Bass in a RCHP Tribute until work took a different direction and swallowed my life whole

I had this ultimate Modulus Created as follows :

Modulus Flea Bass 1997 (Very Early made in the first batch)
Lane Poor Pickup (The Uba Rare one with the Modulus Logo)
Headstock has the "Flea Grin" Logo

Body is very interestingly laminate Top !
One Piece Swamp Ash with Alder Top
Refinished by Dave Wilson in THE most sexy sunburst you've ever seen....
The Back is the highest Gloss Black you've ever seen
Dave Finishes instruments for Stephan Sobell (makes £15k accoustics)
I spent a day with Dave as he finished this instrument and every detail is perfection

The Respray alone cost £350 !

Dave also renewed the circuit installing a Aguilar OBP3 18v 3 band circuit
New Badass II Bridge
Custom Made Clear Scratch Plate completes the look

Comes with Gator Hard Case

Dave has dressed the frets and set the instrument up to perfection using Flea Signature GHS Bass Boomers

Action is lower than anything on the planet....

Tone is Devastating...... The pokiest instrument i've ever heard, cuts through anything, without needing to sound harsh or aggressive

(although it does everything you'd expect a Fleabass to do)

The Balls this bass has in unreal !!

The Instrument stands me over £1800

I'm looking for £1250 - Not in a huge rush to sell so would wait a while with a deposit to secure

Sorry Photo's are really poor - they seriously don't do the instrument any justice

I've taken loads and it's a really hard instrument to photograph

Kind Regards

Mark

Edited by Marcus

Thanks Guys......

I just wish the photo's gave a better representation of the finish....

Despite what some of the photo's seem to suggest there's not a mark on this bass anywhere, any marks are just light / reflections

It really is the sexiest sunburst ever !

I'll try to get some better photo's soon.....

• 2 months later...

Guys,

I sold this in December but I've just taken it back in PX with a view to enjoying it again for a period then selling it on again.....

I've got a gig on the 24th March (Easter Monday) depping with a RHCP Tribute after which it will be up for grabs

Deposit secures

£1250 Posted in the UK

[b]EDIT - RHCP Gig Cancelled - Now Looking to Sell !!!

May Take Natural Ash Maple Ray as Part Ex[/b]

Cheers

Mark

Edited by Marcus

Now that IS the ultimate Flea Bass.
Man, that was my dream bass for so long. Mark, how ironic would it be if I bought it from you after all the previous Flea stuff we've been through! I know that I'm settled on Precisions now, and hopefully for good, but I have to say that I have a horrible burning sensation in my pocket at the moment. I always used to think it was really naff when people said "someone buy this and put me out iof my misery", but now I know what they mean.
For heaven's sake, someone buy it quick or my new year's resolution is blown :)
Good luck Mark
Chris

[quote name='Beedster' post='153377' date='Mar 7 2008, 08:46 PM']Now that IS the ultimate Flea Bass.
Man, that was my dream bass for so long. Mark, how ironic would it be if I bought it from you after all the previous Flea stuff we've been through! I know that I'm settled on Precisions now, and hopefully for good, but I have to say that I have a horrible burning sensation in my pocket at the moment. I always used to think it was really naff when people said "someone buy this and put me out iof my misery", but now I know what they mean.
For heaven's sake, someone buy it quick or my new year's resolution is blown :)
Good luck Mark
Chris[/quote]

Hiya Chris, just been playing some RHCP stuff for a couple of hours......

The Fleat Tones just leap out of this bass but it's also so big and ballsy, just roll a bit of botton end on from that 18v Aguilar and it's fat as hell ! Bit of mid and it barks and growls like nothing !!

The Lane Poor Pup really is the mutts nuts !!!

Really usable range of tones in there....... go-on treat yourself !!!

Mark

[quote name='Marcus' post='153382' date='Mar 7 2008, 08:51 PM']Hiya Chris, just been playing some RHCP stuff for a couple of hours......

The Fleat Tones just leap out of this bass but it's also so big and ballsy, just roll a bit of botton end on from that 18v Aguilar and it's fat as hell ! Bit of mid and it barks and growls like nothing !!

The Lane Poor Pup really is the mutts nuts !!!

Really usable range of tones in there....... go-on treat yourself !!!

Mark[/quote]

Noooooooo, you're teasing me.
Mate, I'm gonna have a serious think as I may well let my '75 maple Precision go (it's simply not getting used in relation to my '73) and ther's part of me that loves how easy the Flea is to play. By the way, have you tird flats on it, I can't tell you how sweet it sounds :)
Cheers mate, I'll be in touch if I make my mind up re. the Precision. Don't hold the Flea for me though
Chris

[quote name='Beedster' post='153393' date='Mar 7 2008, 09:02 PM']Noooooooo, you're teasing me.
Mate, I'm gonna have a serious think as I may well let my '75 maple Precision go (it's simply not getting used in relation to my '73) and ther's part of me that loves how easy the Flea is to play. By the way, have you tird flats on it, I can't tell you how sweet it sounds :)
Cheers mate, I'll be in touch if I make my mind up re. the Precision. Don't hold the Flea for me though
Chris[/quote]

No never tried Flats on a Flea !

Had 4 Flea Basses, this ones sounds the biggest (the D&G stay big in the context of a live bannd) and plays the best, lowest clean action i've ever experienced, Horrible cliche but it just about plays itself !!

[quote name='Marcus' post='153407' date='Mar 7 2008, 09:59 PM']No never tried Flats on a Flea !

Had 4 Flea Basses, this ones sounds the biggest (the D&G stay big in the context of a live bannd) and plays the best, lowest clean action i've ever experienced, Horrible cliche but it just about plays itself !![/quote]

That is a nice looking Flea. I have one with twin Lane Poors and an active/passive switch with a boost option as well. Funky little mother of pearl inlay at the 12th fret of Randy Hope-Taylor (he had it built for a tour he did with Jeff Beck but then sold it afte the tour was finished).

These basses really are great to play and the Lane Poors are excellent.

[quote name='molan' post='154067' date='Mar 9 2008, 06:14 PM']That is a nice looking Flea. I have one with twin Lane Poors and an active/passive switch with a boost option as well. Funky little mother of pearl inlay at the 12th fret of Randy Hope-Taylor (he had it built for a tour he did with Jeff Beck but then sold it afte the tour was finished).

These basses really are great to play and the Lane Poors are excellent.[/quote]

2 Lane Poor MM Pups in 1 bass..... ? That's just greedy !!!

Stunning Instrument !!

[quote name='Marcus' post='154105' date='Mar 9 2008, 07:12 PM']2 Lane Poor MM Pups in 1 bass..... ? That's just greedy !!!

Stunning Instrument !![/quote]

Funnily enough, i've had more than one offer to sell one of the Lane Poors but seems a bit of an odd request as I've wondered what the prospective buyers think I'd stick in it instead?

I guess the sound could be described as "full" :)

I like the passive/active option as well passive is a smoother more rounded sound and switching the active circuit in adds a fair bit more punch. Don't really use the boost option much though.

I don't know what the circuit is, must try to suss that out sometime!

I usually use it with a Euphonic 1x10 combo and 1x12 extension cab - always surprises people (especially drummers) at how powerful it can sound.

There's another Modulus buried away somewhere which is probably "prettier" than this one, it's a VJ with twin Bartolinis and a really nice sunbusrt finish. I think the one regret I have with the Flea is that it isn't a bit more flash looking like some of the Fleas out there. However the plain black means it works quite well as a gigging bass where I don't want to look too "over the top", lol.

[quote name='Marcus' post='154150' date='Mar 9 2008, 08:11 PM']it must sound massive !!

I'd love to hear it - What Year is it ?

I've hear of Lane Poor MM Pups going for $800 so i'm hardly surprised you're getting offers on the pup - LOL !![/quote]

I have no ida what year it is - can I tell from the serial number?

Wow, if I sold both of the Lanes for $800 each that wouldn't be far off what I paid for the entire bass (well, within a couple of hundred quid anyway!).

[quote name='molan' post='154173' date='Mar 9 2008, 08:39 PM']I have no ida what year it is - can I tell from the serial number?

Wow, if I sold both of the Lanes for $800 each that wouldn't be far off what I paid for the entire bass (well, within a couple of hundred quid anyway!).[/quote]

The first 2 numbers should tell you the year (see picture - mine's a 97) if yours was a custom then it might not have a number on it !

[quote name='Marcus' post='154183' date='Mar 9 2008, 08:47 PM']The first 2 numbers should tell you the year (see picture - mine's a 97) if yours was a custom then it might not have a number on it ![/quote]

Ah ha, that means it's a '99 then - serial is 990006

Forgot to mention that it has quite nice little abalone (or mother of pearl?) dot markers too - not that special but catch the light nicely!

Edited by molan

[quote name='Marcus' post='154939' date='Mar 10 2008, 10:14 PM']Guys,

Not sure the RHCP gig is going ahead now so I may be up for moving quicker on selling the Flea....

May Also take PX on a Natural Ash / Maple Stingray

Cheers

Mark[/quote]

Reluctantly I'm out Mark, I played the '75 Precision over the weekend and just can't let it go (despite the fact I've got four of them!). Pretty sure the Flea won't be around for long though, it's awesome. All the best mate
Chris

[quote name='MB1' post='156040' date='Mar 12 2008, 02:58 PM']MB1. :)
Top Of The Shop!....... Mark. ;)
Nice but far from spalted! :huh:[/quote]

Can't beat a bit of Spalt can you ?

Ebay at the weekend if it's not gone by then......

PX Musicman anyone ?