Why become a member? ×

Fodera Victor Wooten '83 Monarch Classic.

flippyfloop

• 1 month later...

After trying out virtually ever bass in the country, I've decided to keep my Fodera for now.

My finances are looking up at present so thats a relief.

If nothing else, this situation has made me appreciate just how amazing this bass is for my needs.

I've played some awesome basses recently but whenever I grab the Fodera for comparison, OMG it just smokes. Partly familiarity for sure but they really do deserve their reputation, even if they are a bit pricey these days.

I do have major GAS for a Wood and Tronics five string now also. Really nice basses.......

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

[quote name='lozbass' post='1211755' date='Apr 26 2011, 03:52 PM']A very sensible price for a very desirable bass. Given the current frenzy around Foderas, I'm surprised this was still here at £4300. Bump.[/quote]

Me too.

Hurry up people.. I may change my mind, again...I'm already having second thoughts. It really is an amazing bass.

I'll post up some measurements soon as requested.

• 2 weeks later...

A free BUMP just to say that I played this bass a few years ago when Andre was selling a Wal Mach II which I went over to check out for Mike G.. He'd only just got the Fodera at the time and it was really interesting to be able to compare it directly with the Wal..

Though they're very different animals and I do love Wal basses, the Fodera had something just a little more 'exotic' and 'boutique' about it...Hard to put it into words exactly, but the only other bass I've played that had a such a similar quality, was an Alembic..

Anyway, the Fodera really is a fabulous instrument and that pre-amp is something special...

Good luck with the sale!

• 2 weeks later...