Why become a member? ×

Status Series 2000 4 string **SOLD**

Gary Williams

** NOW SOLD * This one hurts! I am selling my Status Series 2000 4 string. It's just not getting played as often as it should.

I have owned this from new and bought it from The Bass Centre back in 1992/1993. It has an amazing black/turquoise graphite finish that shows up depending on the light as you'll see in the pics below. Looks like blue snakeskin!

Serial No: 764

I'd give the condition as 9.5 out of 10 as the bass is immaculate and very shiny (you can see my reflection in the photos) with just a few small marks. There is a small surface scratch below the G string in front of the neck pickup that I tried to highlight in the photos - see second to last image. It is really only visible if you look for it and hold it up to the light.

There is also a small blemish in the weave on the back of the neck - looks like a dent in the photo but the blemish is below the laquer.

For those that haven't played a Status bass, they have a very snappy tone, incredibly low action and are so easy to play all your favourite Level 42 slap lines. But that is really only half the story....

This bass also does great "super" Jazz tones plus some nice P Bass woody old skool sounds.

Bass plays and sounds great just as it should, very low action, very bright and funky.

[b]More information and lots of pics[/b] [url="http://www.hyperlinx-marketing.co.uk/basses/status.htm"][b]HERE[/b][/url]

Will come with with 2 x brand new sets of Elite Bass double ball end strings 40-100 and Status gig bag. Straplocks fitted and strap fittings included in sale.

I am based near Horsham, West Sussex which is about 25 minutes away from Gatwick Airport.

Looking for now [b]reduced price [/b]of £1,000.00 plus shipping cost within Mainland UK.

No Trades.

Edited by Gary Williams

[quote name='bassatnight' post='941525' date='Aug 31 2010, 10:53 PM']What a beauty, have a bump on me for a thing of lovelyness... Don't suppose you fancya trade?[/quote]

Sorry guys - sale only I am afraid....

and yes it is beautiful and going to be greatly missed :0(

[quote name='Edmouk' post='941984' date='Sep 1 2010, 01:04 PM']Try a post on the Statii forum. This model is sometimes sought for here :
[url="http://www.statii.com/forum/news.php"]Statii.com : for all things Status[/url][/quote]

Hi Edmouk!

Thanks for this - I was looking for this link yesterday!

Will stick it up on there although we have some interest here.

Gary

[quote name='mojobass' post='943204' date='Sep 2 2010, 11:48 AM']desperately trying to sell my basses to fund this!!![/quote]

Hi Mojobass - got your PM thanks.

I think it is a slow time at the moment so I guess we both need to be patient :0)

Unless someone stumps up the cash you are at the top of the list....

I've been watching this since it hit the boards as I'm chasing another Status. If only it had a midrange control! I'm negotiating over an Empathy at the minute but if that falls through maybe I'll look for a Kingbass.

Love the look of this one though, it's obviously been well looked after!

[quote name='silverfoxnik' post='951059' date='Sep 9 2010, 08:34 PM']Have a free BUMP on me..

Gary's a great guy to deal with and his gear is very well looked after! Good luck with the sale :)[/quote]

Thanks Nik and you are right, this has been cherished since 1993ish :0)