Why become a member? ×

BF Compact vs RS210

BassBen

Hmmm very different sounds imho. The compact has no tweeter and dosnt really do much treble (imho, ime) thus it's best when partnered with a brighter cab. Unless you like a more retroish tone in which case it's spot on. It's very very loud and fills a room with the whole of it's range, unlike other cabs where I've often found either the bass or treble carries but not the whole sound.
While the compact has quite enough treble on it's own for I'd imagine the majority of players if you are a slapper (ooer!) or of the more hi-fi tone persuasion then it's not a stand alone option. I use mine to great effect with a promethean tweeter equipped 1x10 and my midget T is inbound. Coupled with another cab it makes your sound MAHOOSIVE!! And to me, therein lies it's true ability.
:-) The RS 210 is a fab punchy cab with a lovely sweet tweeter and is a great size and weight. Not as light as the compact but a better stand alone alrounder for many I'd guess. If I tire of my compact it's where I'm heading next :) The BFB super twelve T seems like an excellent all rounder too. If it's got the power and room filling capacity of the compact which i suspect it does, coupled with manageable portability and a tweeter too! 4ohms too, which will pull the maximum wattage out your head. But not cheap.

Edited by gafbass02

[quote name='BassBen' post='936172' date='Aug 25 2010, 05:25 PM']....What do you think has a better sound a Barefaced Compact or a rs210? I am running a Markbass little iii and SR500. I love the sound of 4x10 with horns but i can only have one cab what do you recommend?....[/quote]
If you love a 410 why not get a 410?

If you want an easy to move 410 get 2 210's. But in my experience and to answer your question, the Compact will outperform a single 210 cab.

I've gigged both cabs playing a Precision through an Orange Terror Bass. They both sounded equally great.
The TC is a little tighter sounding but there's not much in it. If cost were not an issue I would have gone with the BF for the lighter weight as I never use the tweeter on the TC's anyway.