Why become a member? ×

Breathtaking service From Markbass

edstraker123

I had a problem with vibration in my Markbass Micromark. I posted it to Alberto at Proel the Markbass distributor in London on Wednesday and it had been fixed and arrived back with me today (Friday) at no cost (the amp was out of warranty as well ) . I'm absolutely incredulous at this level of service in this day and age !

I also have to agree 100% and praise Proel (MarkBass UK Distributors) for the extent of their service. In my case a in Jan 09 I bought my dream combo: a MB CMD102P however earlier this year a new tube head came out the Little Mark Tube, and I asked Darren at the Bass Merchant (another top bloke but you already know that) if he could enquire with Proel to see if the new LM Tube head could be easily swapped with the original (LM II) he came back in a flash and said that not only it can be done but that Proel would be happy to swap it themselves so to safeguard my warranty that no work had been done by hillbillies, the turnover was just 3 days, I drove down to Bass Merchant, dropped the amp, Darren lent me a similar combo (genz benz or sommat) and 3 days later he sent me back my amp and even arranged collection of the loan amp! Proel were supa nice but Darren made it all happen thanks to his savoir-faire and excellent customer vs distributors relations. On the plus side not 2 days after the exchange I managed to sell my original MB LMII head and made a good part of my money back... oh and Darren did apply a nice basschat forum discount. Top Marks on all account. The tube preamp has made a considerable change in sound, it has given the amp the required warmth it lacked and with the tube blend knob you can dial it in at your perusal from totally solid state to 50% solid/tube to 100% tube preamp offering me the best of both worlds.

My combo went from this...

add this....

to this....

[quote name='Grand Wazoo' post='931690' date='Aug 21 2010, 10:00 AM']I also have to agree 100% and praise Proel (MarkBass UK Distributors) for the extent of their service. In my case a in Jan 09 I bought my dream combo: a MB CMD102P however earlier this year a new tube head came out the Little Mark Tube, and I asked Darren at the Bass Merchant (another top bloke but you already know that) if he could enquire with Proel to see if the new LM Tube head could be easily swapped with the original (LM II) he came back in a flash and said that not only it can be done but that Proel would be happy to swap it themselves so to safeguard my warranty that no work had been done by hillbillies, the turnover was just 3 days, I drove down to Bass Merchant, dropped the amp, Darren lent me a similar combo (genz benz or sommat) and 3 days later he sent me back my amp and even arranged collection of the loan amp! Proel were supa nice but Darren made it all happen thanks to his savoir-faire and excellent customer vs distributors relations. On the plus side not 2 days after the exchange I managed to sell my original MB LMII head and made a good part of my money back... oh and Darren did apply a nice basschat forum discount. Top Marks on all account. The tube preamp has made a considerable change in sound, it has given the amp the required warmth it lacked and with the tube blend knob you can dial it in at your perusal from totally solid state to 50% solid/tube to 100% tube preamp offering me the best of both worlds.

add this....

to this....
[/quote]

That looks COOOL

I can only add to the glowing praise for Markbass and Proel....

When I ordered my LMII and 104HF from GAK, i ordered the 4 Ohm cab. This was not a problem at the time but then GAK rang to say there were no 4 Ohm 104's in the country. I explained that I was off on tour in a few days and was a bit worried about having no gear and they put me on to Proel, who had one shipped direct from the factory, next day, for no extra cost!!

[quote name='Grand Wazoo' post='931690' date='Aug 21 2010, 10:00 AM']I also have to agree 100% and praise Proel (MarkBass UK Distributors) for the extent of their service. In my case a in Jan 09 I bought my dream combo: a MB CMD102P however earlier this year a new tube head came out the Little Mark Tube, and I asked Darren at the Bass Merchant (another top bloke but you already know that) if he could enquire with Proel to see if the new LM Tube head could be easily swapped with the original (LM II) he came back in a flash and said that not only it can be done but that Proel would be happy to swap it themselves so to safeguard my warranty that no work had been done by hillbillies, the turnover was just 3 days, I drove down to Bass Merchant, dropped the amp, Darren lent me a similar combo (genz benz or sommat) and 3 days later he sent me back my amp and even arranged collection of the loan amp! Proel were supa nice but Darren made it all happen thanks to his savoir-faire and excellent customer vs distributors relations. On the plus side not 2 days after the exchange I managed to sell my original MB LMII head and made a good part of my money back... oh and Darren did apply a nice basschat forum discount. Top Marks on all account. The tube preamp has made a considerable change in sound, it has given the amp the required warmth it lacked and with the tube blend knob you can dial it in at your perusal from totally solid state to 50% solid/tube to 100% tube preamp offering me the best of both worlds.

add this....

to this....
[/quote]

dribble dribble... very nice