Why become a member? ×

Lakland '51P

EssentialTension

[quote name='tredders' post='921752' date='Aug 11 2010, 04:42 PM']That's bloody lovely! I want.....

Where did you find the info?[/quote]
AT the LOG (Lakland Owners Group) forum:

[url="http://www.laklandowners.com/joomla/index.php?option=com_kunena&Itemid=59&func=view&catid=3&id=16365"]http://www.laklandowners.com/joomla/index....=3&id=16365[/url]

Edited by EssentialTension

Quite a cool bass! Im not keen on blocks and binding on a P bass on any type if im honest though, especially the early design.

Weirdly enough, I used to want a block/bound Jazz for a long time, and now the market seems saturated in that style, im actually quite happy to see necks without.

Lakland seem to love putting blocks and binding on absolutely every bass hahah!

Edited by Musicman20

[quote name='malcolm.mcintyre' post='922275' date='Aug 12 2010, 08:07 AM']Well I can't find a dealer in the UK that stocks any USA Laklands, so I doubt if I'll ever see one of these in the flesh.
Anyone know of a dealer with USA Laklands?[/quote]

They will deal with you direct for USA models. :)

[quote name='Musicman20' post='922361' date='Aug 12 2010, 09:37 AM']They will deal with you direct for USA models. :)[/quote]

Thanks for that.
I'm in Florida for the next few weeks, so hopefully can try a few there, then order what I want when I get back.
I have bought a guitar in the USA and flown it back with me, but found it quite a bit of bother for not a great saving (unless you plan to sneak through Customs, which I was too cowardly to try).

[quote name='BurritoBass' post='922671' date='Aug 12 2010, 01:06 PM']Looks great, although I do think the Fender RI is one of the finer examples of their range - rumoured to be discontinued though so the timing could be perfect.[/quote]
Not a patch on Jon Shuker's version though. :brow: