Why become a member? ×

What is Phil Collins up to?

bh2

Has to be said he has had health problems, loss of hearing in one ear and more recently nerve damage to his hands which meant he had to tape his sticks to his hands whilst recording the new album, so it's unlikely we will get much decent output from him. A real shame, always loved his drumming, it seems his style has contributed to his hand problems!

[quote name='Crazykiwi' post='917802' date='Aug 7 2010, 10:55 AM']Probably worth pointing out that it was pap that made him tens of millions of quid and cemented his presence in the memories of an entire generation.

How much did Brand X earn?[/quote]

A fair point indeed.

[quote name='bh2' post='917786' date='Aug 7 2010, 10:37 AM']....Back to his pap worst of the eighties. Fake motown drivel....[/quote]
Yay! Another post full of sunshine and happiness!

He's a multi millionaire, records still played around the world 30 years later, palacial pad on a Swiss lake... that's the kind of drivel I was hoping to be playing when I started out.

Edited by chris_b

I have to admit I saw him a few times live during the 'pop' years as my wife was a big fan.

That touring band with Lee Sklar on bass, Daryl Steurmer on guitar, Chester Thompson on drums (as well as PC) and the amazing Earth Wind & Fire horns was something to behold.

Funnily enough I actually saw the horns with EWF around the same time and the PC band was a much better show!

Check those horns on this: